Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Default So...whaddaya do?

...Hiya fellow cruisers! So, it's plain to see that we are all cruise addicts by night! But, I was wondering what some of you good folks do to pass the time during the daylight, non-cruising hours? Assuming we all have jobs to support our addiction, (unless we have a Lottery winner amoung us?) what does everybody do for a living?
...OK, me first! I've been a Letter Carrier for the US Postal Sevice for the last 9 years. Before that, my background is in Retail Management and Consulting. My wife Elaine is a Service Rep. for BellSouth, the regional telephone company in the Southeast. We have two daughters, ages 10 & 6, that love to cruise with us! Our next cruise? Onboard the Destiny October, 15th ...can't wait!
...So...whaddaya do?
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2000, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: So...whaddaya do?

Hi Doug,
I work for a major food chain as an assistant produce manager. My husband,
George fixed computers. When ever we can manage it, we love to cruise.
We do have a 23 yrear old son who is also in the computer fixing business and a 20 year old daughter who works for a "cruise only" travel agency. She will be getting married next April, so we're also in the midst of making all the arrangements, seems to never end. George and I are planning our next cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard Explorer of the Seas 2 weeks after the big event in our family. I'm sure we'll be ready to just relax and do nothing by then :-)

Ok, lets hear from the rest of you cruise addicts!!!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 28th, 2000, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi everyone,
I have been an office manager/purchasing agent at a sandblasting shop for the past 10 years and before that I had been in accounts receivable (hated that). Been cruising for only about 5 years. My 4th cruise is in about 185 LONG, LONG, days (can't wait). Going on the Fascination on 3/03/01. Any one else?

I think that I need to find a support group on Cruisers Annonomous.(prpbably spelled wrong). There is no vacation like cruising. And I know that all of you will agree with that.

Happy Sailing.
Old August 28th, 2000, 08:58 PM
Rene

I stay at home with my 17 month old daughter. My husband is a technical manager for a chemical company. We leave on our 4th cruise - the Destiny - on Nov 12th and are anxiously counting down the days. Only 78 more days!! :o) We are leaving the little one at home with grandparents - we need the rest! But, I have never been away from my daughter for this long - I'm nervous.
We are thinking of taking her with us in March on a 3 or 4 day cruise. she will be 2 by then, so can participate in Camp Carnival. Any advice on taking a toddler on a cruise?
Old August 28th, 2000, 09:52 PM
Passenger

My husband and I have also caught the cruise bug and oh what a great bug to catch!! My husband is a chemical operater, who works shift work, I am a child care provider I currently keep 5 pre-schoolers I have done this for 13 years(I am a nurse by profession) we have been married 25 years, 2 daughters 21( a special ed major) and a 19 year old who is a dance teacher in between auditions!!! we are very blessed!. We are going on the Paradise in 7 weeks and are booked on the Imagination for 6/01. I enjoy reading about everyone, their questions and stories, keep it up.
Debi
Old August 29th, 2000, 08:19 AM
Yael

My husband and I just recently went on our first cruise and we're hooked. I'm a customer service representative for an electronic component company and he's a passenger service agent for Virgin Atlantic Airways. We have 2 daughters, one 14 the other 8 and they'll be going on their first cruise with us on 4/8/01 aboard the Grand Princess. Can't wait.
Old August 29th, 2000, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Hi Doug, I sell cruises for a living during the day or night! Betsy
Old August 29th, 2000, 03:53 PM
Marla

Hi Doug,
I'm a substitue rural letter carrier. My husband works for the state in the Family Independence Agency. We have 3 grown children, 2 married and one getting married in May 2002. We have 3 grand daughters and a grandchild on the way. Had to reschedule our Jan. cruise for Feb. due to my having to be home for the birth of the new grandchild! This will be our 4th cruise and we'll be on the Tropicale Feb.10th. Quite excited about this new itinerary. Yes, we are addicted!
Old August 30th, 2000, 11:40 AM
Diane & Phil

I am an Executive Secretary and my husband union Pipefitter. We both love to cruise.
Old August 30th, 2000, 07:22 PM
voyagerfl

Well, I'm a Wastewater Treatment Plant operator in Florida.......and my better half is retired....I'v been a cruise addict since my first cruise in 1989...........Soon I'll be doing my 11th cruise (Our 7th together)
Old August 31st, 2000, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm a secretary at a University in Canaa. My husband works in the Media Department at the same University. We first cruised July 99 on the Sensation with our then 13 year old son and cousins who flew in from UK. Got home and started saving for the next cruise. Booked on Triumph July 2001 with our son plus his friend, and same family members from UK. They're hooked also.
Old September 5th, 2000, 03:09 PM
Glenn

I am a Network Engineer for a small Government Contractor and Donna ships your Gateway Computers to you if it's built in the Hampton, Virginia plant. We'll be sailing for the first time aboard the Triumph, December 2nd. We can't wait.
Old September 7th, 2000, 01:01 AM
Passenger

I am a librarian, and my significant other is in sales for an electronics company.