Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2000, 03:13 AM
trvljill

Default Elation

I just got back from the elation about two weeks ago and I had an amazingly fun trip. I loved Dukes Piano Bar with Barry that had to be the funnest spot on the whole ship, best place to hang out at night. I loved the dancing lessons during the day given by the dancers. Seņor Frogs is the funnest place to visit on all of the stops. And one little tip, don't stay up to late the night before Cabo San Lucas, if you actually want to get off the ship. Just wanted to hear others people experience on the elation of if anyone had any questions about it.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2000, 11:32 AM
alley

Default RE: Elation

We're going on the Elation on the 10th and we have had so many people tell us different things, Could you help us. Do they allow you to purchase a bottle of liquor or wine to take back and have in your room? If so how expensive is it? And what are the prices for a mixed drink, beer and wine in a bar or at dinner. Thank you so much if you can help. As you can tell first time cruise.
Old September 5th, 2000, 07:50 PM
trvljill

Well they do not allow you to bring alcohol on board and if you buy it in their stores, they keep it until the last day and deliver it to your room. The easiest way to bring liquor on is from when you first board the ship, put it in your baggage, thats the way most people bring in on board, you can try buying it at your ports, but its pretty hard to hide it when they come back on cause they check your bags. I don't know the exact price of drinks but usually their drink specials of the day are about three dollars unless you get the souvenir glass then about $6(I happened to have an old carnival capers that said that) but I'm sure all other beverages are about $4 or $5 at least, sorry I couldn't be of mroe help, hope your trip is fun adn can't wait to hear about it, hopefully you post something on the board when you get back
Jill
Old September 12th, 2000, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Actuall, I want to know everything (greedy aren't I?). I am sailing on the Elation on the 24th and have never been on a cruise or to Mexico. Any advice, dos and don't, or recommendations? Please respond - I am so excited. Been planning for months and still not sure about what to do and what to avoid.
Old September 20th, 2000, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Hi,

Pack CAREFULLY in your bags any alcohol when boarding in Los Angeles. They don't check your checked luggage at embarkation, but do check your bags when you come ashore at all ports.

Richard