Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2000, 01:41 PM
Mike Miller

Default Victory March 18,2001

Has anyone been on the Victory long enough to give a review, or know where to find a review.
Can't find much other than advertising.
Help....Mike
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2000, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Victory March 18,2001

Hi Mike,
I think right now they are just doing the 2 days cruises to nowhere, so shortly we can find some reviews for their regular cruises. Someone sent me some pics of it, if you want to take a peek here is the link, enjoy.

<http://home.earthlink.net/~ljborden/>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 31st, 2000, 07:13 PM
LadyAlice

I Sailed on the Victory 2 nighter on 8/18/00 out of NYC. This was my review on the ship.

I went with a group of 16 women. We arrived at the NYC pier around 11:15 a.m. Unfortunately it was raining and cold, but we were in high spirits anyway and very excited. We were dropped off and did not drive into NYC which I was very thankful that none of us had to mess with NYC city traffic. When we got into the terminal building the lines look very intimidating, but they moved very quickly. We went through the check in procedures as smoothly as can be expected and were aboard the ship a little after 12 noon.

My first look at the inside of the Victory was beautiful. The lobby area where you board the ship has blues and greens and is very tastful. This whole ship was beautiful and so big! I have previously been on the Sensation and Imagination and this ship beat their decor hands down. It was magnificant!

After we boarded we found our rooms, inside cabins on the Main deck. Rooms were not real big, but were suficient for our needs. Our rooms steward was great.

After we checked out the rooms we headed up to the Lido deck to get some lunch. The food the whole trip was wonderful. I enjoyed every morsel. Nobody in my group said they had anything that was not good. I had New York Strip steak the first night and a Jumbo Shrimp type dinner the second night. Both were great. The cinnamon rolls at breakfast were wonderful. Coffee could have been a little warmer and the orange juice was too watery. That is about the only complaint I can make about the food. The dining room is beautiful also. Second night the waiters sang to us! Our group also celebrated birthdays both nights with a cake and singing.

After we ate lunch we checked out the ship all over. Again, I can't describe how beautiful and new smelling it was and how much we fell in love with it!!! At 4:30 we were supposed to have the life boat drill. Didn't actually get started until closer to 5:00 p.m. I will say the drill took way to long. The ship was pulling out as it finished. So we high tailed it to the top deck to see the Statue of Liberty and NYC as we were leaving. The rain had pretty much stopped by now, but it was very cloudy. We pasted the Statue at 6:10 p.m. Then we had to hurry down to dinner which started at 6:15 for early seating.

After dinner we went to the show. "Livin'in America". Don't miss it. Was great. Loved every minute of it. After the show we enjoyed the Irish Sea Bar and the piano sing along. Had a great time. From there we listened to Music Society in the Adriatic Lounge. Have heard them twice before on other ships, but they are still a great band. I did not go to midnight buffet either night, but my roomies did. They said again the food was great.

The cruise director was Corey Schmidt. Only saw him once at the first show the first day. Heard him during announcements. That's it. I guess on a short cruise there is really not too much for him to do like a 7 day cruise.

Day two I got up and went to breakfast in the dining room. Nice ... hardly any people go to the early seating breakfast. Very relaxing and a great way to start the day. The weather cleared the second day and was georgeous. Went up on deck and laid out for awhile in the afternoon. Yes, it is hard to get a deck chair, but not too difficult. My suggestion is be willing to go up to the top two decks (Sun deck or Sky Deck). I had one right next to the entrance to the water slide. By the way, was first adult to go down water slide . . . it was fun! The kid in me coming out I guess!!!!

Went to Karaoke at 3:15 pm in the Black & Red Sea Lounge. Had a blast there. Don't miss it!!!! Second night was formal night for dinner, so after Karaoke we got dressed and went to captains Gala Party. Free drinks and hors d'oeuvres! Got formal pictures taken. Cameras were everywhere as expected!!! Main seating was again at 6:15 p.m. Great food again. After dinner we went to the show "Vrooom" This again was excellent. Laser lights were spectacular. Thumbs up on this one too.

After the show we did some gambling (no . . . I didn't win anything). Experienced more of piano bar, Music Society and tried out Disco tonight. Disco pretty impressive. Great for the younger crowd. Teen scene early in the evening though.

Sunday morning came all too soon. We were docked and allowed to get off by 8 a.m. No customs wait at all. We were allowed to leave the ship at our leasure.

Well . . . that's about it. Any additional questions, please feel free to email me.
Old August 31st, 2000, 07:38 PM
Passenger

...What a great review! Sounds like you packed a whole lotta fun into a 2-nighter! Glad to hear you gave "thumbs up" on the food and shows. I'll bet you're ready to book another Carnival cruise immediately!
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old September 1st, 2000, 05:10 PM
First Mate

I keep reading great reviews like this and it seems these last few weeks will never pass. I'm looking forward to my voyage on the Victory on September 30th.

SharonVictory in 29 days!!!!!
Old September 5th, 2000, 06:31 PM
Ug

Default I'm going on a 7 day, Oct 29/00...

and will have a full review ready ASAP, might be a few days afterwards ;-)
Old September 5th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Mike Miller

Default RE: I'm going on a 7 day, Oct 29/00...

Ug
Hope to her what you think.
Thanks for the hollar!!!!!!!!!!
Mike