Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2000, 03:00 PM
daffed

Default victory 11/05/00

This will be my first cruise and am not familiar with the ships. First how formal do we have to dress? How big are the rooms? We will be in and oceanview with four women. What size are the beds? Anywhere to hang our clothes? Do we have scheduled dinner seatings? And there are many more but we will keep it short. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2000, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Default RE: victory 11/05/00

...Ahoy Daffed!
...OK, first...deep breath. Good air in ...bad air out. The questions you've asked are all good ones, and common from first time cruisers. In time, they will all be answered, and you will have the time of your life!
...How formal to dress? Women on Carnival ships usually wear for the non-formal nights what is considered to be "country club casual". Slacks and a nice top or a simple dress will do fine. You may want to go with something with sleeves. My wife is usually cold in the publics rooms onboard the ship. For your formal evenings, you will see everything from nice "Sunday" dresses to formal sequined cocktail gowns.
...How big are the rooms? The average Carnival cabin, either inside or outside, is 185 square feet, approximately 10 x 20 feet. Rooms with balconies are a bit smaller inside, but again, do have balcony space outside.
...Bed space? The beds are twin size. Assuming you have a "quad" cabin. This means 2 twin beds with one or two "upper" bunks and possibly a convertible sofa.
...Hanging clothes? There is a large closet in the cabin. An educated guess, probably about six feet of hanging space. There are plenty of drawer space. My suggestion would be to fold whatever you can (t-shirts, shorts) and use the closet space for dresses.
...Scheduled dinner times? There are two sepereat seatings for dinner, Main Seating (6 pm) and Late Seating (8pm). When you made your reservations, you should have been asked a preference. Which seating you choose is a personal preference. Both have their pros and cons.
...Hope this helps! Any more ???? Just ask! Folks here LOVE to help!
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old September 11th, 2000, 03:59 PM
skooter

Go for the late seating. Early seating has the family crowd and it doesn't sound like you're traveling with children. Also, main seating is around Sixish so say you are in port til five, you have no time to relax, nap, etc. and with 4 women, getting ready for formal night is going to get ugly. Lastly, main seatings can be rushed because they have to set up for late sitting. Unless you must eat at 6 or have kids that do, stick to late seating. You can always order a snack from room servic or grab something from the casual dining buffet if you feel peckish.
Old September 12th, 2000, 07:53 AM
daffed

Thanks Doug and Scooter, the more advice I can get the better. If you have anymore on anything let me know. Yes it will be ugly with four women to get ready for a formal evening. Just as long as I get in the shower first there won't be any problems.