Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2000, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Triumph, as good as people say!!!! YOU BET!!!

8-26-00 in Miami Our party of 7 set sail for a 7 day cruise, a seven day cruise. The weather was not rough and the waves were tame and the mighty ship was off. The Captain was a mighty sailing man and the chef was brave and cool. 4400 dinners were served per night including the two I ate each sitting. The animals were gathered two by two and placed in the cabins for a safe journey. Basket of goodies that made the wife happy. Candy for the kids. The children were sent off to Camp Carnival to never be heard from again for 7 days. The hot tub was loaded with worn out folks tired from the shopping. The buffet lines were full of over stuffed humans who had no room for even a picture. Deck chairs were pretty blue with all the towels on them. John Hearld the Cruise Director was without his pants at one moment. The entertainers and dancers provided memories that will last for many years to come. To all the crew who kept my room clean, Where did you store all my stuff while I was there? Can you come to my house? I did not know most of the people in Jamaca were cooks. They were selling Mushrooms and herbs on the street corners. Oh yah there were a few beverage salesmen as well. They had a sale on coke. Cozumel beach area of chankanaab must be heaven. Or at least the entrance way to it. Iguanas like corn flakes. They will chase you for them. Almost like the crowd to the buffet line at the Gala Grand Buffet. Si'. Only six months to my next journey. Set the clock. I will have to get packing in Nov. Don't want to forget anything> Life is good. Carnival is great.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2000, 12:02 AM
Passenger

Default RE: Triumph, as good as people say!!!! YOU BET!!

...Ray, nice review. Style of writing made for interesting reading! Great job!
...Doug
Old September 10th, 2000, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ray,
Loved your post about your Carnival cruise, . Keep them coming :-)
Thanks,

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 25th, 2000, 12:11 AM
Passenger

My husband & I set sail on 8/4/00 on Triumph for a 7 day cruise...a 7 day cruise. The weather started getting rough, the big huge ship was tossed, with 20 foot waves waking me up, I just knew my dinner was lost...my dinner would be lost. With fear in my heart I arose to go outside to view my plight, thank goodness it was break of day and all was alright...I made it through my first night.

This is just to let all know who are going on a first cruise, don't book an inside cabin where you can't wake up and see what is going on and please know while stabilizers are great...there is still turbulance on the water that I assure you is perfectly normal and safe. All was ok and we did enjoy everything except the iced tea.
Old September 25th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sandi,
So, what was wrong with the iced tea? Glad everything else was good.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 1st, 2000, 04:45 AM
Passenger

Oh finally somebody is asking me about the iced tea. Thank you Donna. The Iced Tea tasted like beef broth and smelled the same. It was like beef soup stock was put into the tea dispenser. Dinning room tea was ok for 2 days and then it tasted the same way. I don't understand what happened. When I mentioned this to others waiting on me, they just laughed and said, "what? I don't understand." Go figure. I have booked another cruise on dec. 10 on Victory. Hope the tea is ok. I have sent 4 messages to Carnival and all messages have either gotten no delivery or late delivery. I will call them since they don't answer email.