Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2000, 05:08 AM
trvljill

Default New Orleans Hotel

In March my grandma and I are goin on a cruise out of New Orleans(I think the inspiration) but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for nice hotels. My grandma wanted me to find a good hotel(moneys no object, since the cruise was free shes willin to pay whatever for a nice hotel) Also does anyone have recommendations of a restaurant to ahve a good dinner in or a good place to go at night? thanks for any help
jill
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2000, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: New Orleans Hotel

Hi-
I would recommend the Riverside Hilton for a hotel. It is within walking distance from French Quarter, but still very safe. As for restaurants, there are SO many good ones to choose from. Brennan's is great, but very pricey. Emeril has a restarant here, but I wasn't too impressed by the food. For more casual, try Bubba Gump's or JAX Brewery or Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville is VERY fun and has great food.
And you MUST go to Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter for Cafe Au Lait and Beignets! They are out of this world! YUM!
Have fun!
Old September 13th, 2000, 12:52 PM
First Mate

Jill,
My daughter & I are going to be on the Inspiration in April, and we have a room booked at the Sheraton through Carnival.
This Sheraton: http://www.sheraton.com/property.taf?prop=353&lc=en
I have heard good things about this hotel, and although it's a bit pricey, it sounds like you might not care.
Why not check it out!
Have a great time,
Susan
Old September 15th, 2000, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Another suggestion for somewhere to dine is Mike Andersons located on Bourbon St..Excellant seafood!
Old September 17th, 2000, 12:13 PM
pellesan

To really experiance New Orleans, you must stay in the Quarter. There are many nice hotels, such as the Bourbon Orleans, the Dauphine Orleans, Louis XVI, etc. All you need to do is look up a New Orleans travel website. I book on-line. For resturants, WHEW, there are so many!! For romantic & gourmet I have found Bella Luna on the river fabulous. For seafood, the Acme Oyster House and it's very down to earth. For ritzy, the Louis XVI, for breakfast, Brennan's. For garden district & Sunday Brunch, Commander's Palace. Take a buggy ride through town and a tour of the cemetaries. Then you will have experianced New Orleans!!!
Old September 29th, 2000, 12:09 AM
Passenger

The Royal Omni on St. Louis St in the Fench Quarter is very nice and centrally located to good restaurants & attractions.