Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Mike Miller

Default Cozumel Tours

Does anyone have the low down on the "Horse Back Ride the Myan Frontier"
tour in Cozumel....better half would like to know for am tour.?
We plan on going to Chankunaab Park in the PM then
Carlos'n Charlies till sail.
Any other suggestions!
Been there before...... 6-7years ago.
Did the new anchorage ( or pier) nearer to town ever get built..would also like
a little info on that.
Thanks
Mike(__)(__)
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2000, 10:15 PM
First Mate

Default RE: Cozumel Tours

Yes, they finished the new pier in Cozumel, you have to pass through to get out of the port. Lots of "junk", also perfumes and liquors. The futher away from the ship, the cheaper the prices.

We went horse back riding in May '98. The bus ride to the other side of the Island was about 1/2 hour. After we got there, they gave a brief lecture about the horses and what to expect. It took about 45 minutes for all of us to get on our horses.
We rode for about 1-1/2 hours, it way hot, buggy and dusty. But, we had a good time. After we got back to the ranch, they offered us free beer or soda and tried to sell lthe pictures they take as you leave the ranch on the horses. We are in our 50's and had a good time, it was something different for us and we enoyed ourselves. I don't know if it's for everyone. It was only my second time on a horse, and I had no problems. We also went to the park a number of years ago It's nice, but living in So. Fl., I don't get too excited about beaches.

Have fun, I'll be there next week with my "girlfriends" cruise, we are leaving the guy home and going on Ecstacy 4 night next Monday, can't wait.
Old September 13th, 2000, 10:18 PM
voyagerfl

Last time we were there (2 years ago) There was a Nice Brand New Pier....
But I do not think it was any closer to town....still just a couple dollar cab ride...
The big thing was, it accomadates the larger ships, so you should not have to tender unless there are a lot of ships already in port....
LoL...the new design was interesting.......to get off the peir you have to pass through a Huge new Mall like shopping area....Kinda fun though....

The snorkeling is fantastic....not to be missed...and Carlo's and Charlie's was still "Rockin" Like it much better than the "Hard Rock Cafe" or new "Planet Hollywood".....

Old Mexico...sure has changed...
Old September 14th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

mike
Re cozumel horseback riding, This was by far the best hack ride I have ever had. I have horses and are not satisfied usually.Morning is best because it gets very hot. Be careful, they let you ride here and if you don't know how it's best to not get carried away . I saw a woman get scatched up when her horse decided to rub a tree while traveling along. With a little care you will have a great time. Carlos and charlie's rocked in the late afternoon , my daughter still talks about it and looks for one any time she hears mexico!
Old September 14th, 2000, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

mike
Re cozumel horseback riding, This was by far the best hack ride I have ever had. I have horses and are not satisfied usually.Morning is best because it gets very hot. Be careful, they let you ride here and if you don't know how it's best to not get carried away . I saw a woman get scatched up when her horse decided to rub a tree while traveling along. With a little care you will have a great time. Carlos and charlie's rocked in the late afternoon , my daughter still talks about it and looks for one any time she hears mexico!
Old September 17th, 2000, 07:58 PM
George in NY

You made me stop and remember when you said " Old Mexico...sure has changed..." and that it has. We stopped at Cozumel on board our first cruise, NCL Skyward, in 1984. Cozumel had just become a cruise stop I believe and the ships were still 16,000 ton, one in a port, 500 passengers. We walked into town, there were no cabs. Along the way were huts with marefoot Mexicans selling there wares. I purchased a hand carved chess set for FOUR dollars US. It was a great experience. Everything was bargaining.

Stopped there again in 1985 on board NCL Starward. Cabs awaited, stores with price fixed signs in the window. Everyone had shoes and only the straw market in the middle of San Miquel remained for the bargain hunter. Cruise ships surely change the ports not that it is a bad thing. They also have a hospital, new school and the such all brought about by cruise visits. Still I would like to get another of those chess sets for $4

George in NY