Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2000, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill
Default Drink Coupons

I hear drink coupons are the cheapest way to drink alcohol on board. How do I get them?? Any help would be greatly appriecated..

By the way, I'll be on Victory Dec 10, anyone else coming drop me a line!

Thanks,

Jill
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2000, 08:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Drink Coupons

Hi - go to Carnival.com - click "Fun Online" - select Gifts and services (and keep selecting this option). You'll eventually come to the area of the site that lets you select all kinds of stuff you can have waiting for you when you board - canapes, drink coupons, cakes, balloons, tuxedos, etc.

I'm going on the Victory in 4 days!!!!! Can't wait. Will let you know how it was.
Old September 14th, 2000, 01:43 PM
Mike Miller

Jill
Drink coupons are $15.00 for four drinks
available thru www.gifts.carnival.com/BVCatalog.asp
You will have to regis. to get to catalog of services on the web, no cost.
slight hassel or....call...1 800 522 7648 ext. 70039 and have them fax you a list or to answer any questions....web is better has pic's of what you get.
Remember the drinks in the fancy glasses cost more but you get to keep the glass. You can usually find them sitting around the first few hours till everyone gets wise.
I believe you can use your fancy glass over and over for plain glass charge and you get a bit more...check it out and let us all know the tricks later.
We are a bucket'o beer people....the only way to go after the initial bon yoyage drink.
Buckets are the cheapest.
Mike (__)(__)
Old September 14th, 2000, 09:00 PM
Passenger

The drink coupons are the only way to go, you save money since the tip is already included, and if you use your sail and sign card they add it to the cost of the drink bringing the cost up about $.50. I used them all week on the Truimph when I was on it, only used sail and sign when I ordered the fancy glass and kept the glass, since if you want to use the coupons it will cost you I believe two not worth the cost of two coupons. they need to be ordered at least two weeks in advance of your cruise, and you receive them at dinner the first night.
Old September 15th, 2000, 02:04 AM
Passenger

Hi Jill I would like to chat with you via email. My husband and I are planning to book on the same cruise you have on the same date. We went on the Triumph and were both so down on Carnival, but I intend to give them another chance. Please reply to me I would like to know more about these drink coupons. I have not heard about them yet.Jill wrote:
>
> I hear drink coupons are the cheapest way to drink alcohol on
> board. How do I get them?? Any help would be greatly
> appriecated..
>
> By the way, I'll be on Victory Dec 10, anyone else coming drop
> me a line!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jill
Old September 15th, 2000, 10:28 AM
Sunbear

I just got mine yesterday for my cruise on the 24th. You can get them up to 1 week before the cruise. I got 6 books for 2 people. I was originally getting 10 books ( we drink a lot on vacation ), but it's our first cruise together and my first cruise and I just don't want to get too many and be stuck with them. The Carnival rep told us they are only good for drinks up to 3.75, but I have read different on many message boards. We will see and I will report back .
-Sunbear
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Passenger

go to carnival.com and click on already booked or gifts type in your booking # and use a credit card to pay.they deliver it right to your room so when u sail they will be waiting in your room 4 u. sarah
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Hey Mike the website you have in here isn't working. I have tried it several times. Is it correct or not? I really want to get these coupons for my husband.

Conquest 12/05 1st time Cruiser!
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Just went to carnival website and the price is now $19.50 for 4! No longer the deal it was
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Okay I have a question, so your paying about $20.00 for 4 drink coupons, how much do the drinks cost each? How much does the drink of the day cost in the glass you keep compared to just a normal glass? If I wanted vodka and grapefruit juice how much would that be? I'm trying to see if I'm actually going to save any money by buying these coupons or do you buy them so that your drinks are prepaid before you cruise.

Thanks for the help

11/15/03 Triumph First Cruise...So long ago, where has the time gone?
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

the drink of the day ..... is $2.95 in a smaller glass... about 12oz?
so it is not as big as the souvenier glass and you don't get to keep it (obviously)

Souvenier glass is $6.25 (i think) for the first one.....refills are $4.25.
and they are about 18oz? Im guessing.

I just bought drink coupons for my cruise 10/24 on the Legend.
They were 19.50 for 4 ...which I plan on sharing with my friends in gift bags I am preparing. Of course I won't get the drink coupons until dinner the first night....so I have to stuff those in the gift bags and hand them out after dinner.

And.....NO I am not a cheapskate....I plan on buying plenty of frozen foo foo drinks for my friends the whole week!!!
hahahahha

Happy Sailing....
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

oh ....and to answer one of the other questions..... the regular price of
a standard drink...say for example... Vodka & club soda with lime, my poison of choice

is.... $4.95 + 15% tip....from what I remember.

the coupons include the tip...so it is a bit cheaper.
not a whole lot....but a bit.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old October 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Passenger

I have tried numerous times to purchase drink coupons and haven't had much luck. I tried to go to the website that is listed in the above post but it doesn't work. I am just wondering if they are worth all the hassles.

Old October 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I just got home from the Spirit today - and had 4 drink coupons. Depending upon what you drink, they may or may not be a deal. The coupons read "Up to a $4.75 drink" - grats included. his brings the value of the coupons to $19.00. If you order a drink more than that, it takes two. For me, it wasn't worth it - my drinks were only (grats included):
3.45 for Mic Ultra (4= 13.80)
4.31 for Corona (4= 17.24)
5.18 for Kahlua (4= 20.72)

Total for above 51.76.

Total for 12 drink coupons 58.50.

It all depends upon what you drink. I had a friend drinking double Capitain's and Coke - he had to fork over two coupons each time - he was using more (9.50) in coupons than if he just used his sign and sail card.

I don't mind using the coupons if they were given to me, but I would never buy them based upon my drinking habits.
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
First Mate

girlsavage

go too www.carnival.com. click on GIFTS. under the most popular items they will have the bar coupons to choose. click on that link to buy them. you must have your booking # and a credit card. i hope you have good luck.
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I bought the coupons on my first cruise last year and have bought them for my second cruise in fifty days. I have four sets purchased already. I use them as a budget feature for my expenses and have also purchased gift certificates for my on board expenses. I used the coupons for my drinks which ranged from foo drinks and others and always gave only one coupon and I got to keep each glass for the one coupon exchange. I also used them to buy my fiance' high end drinks which he wanted and still they only took one coupon. I find them a wonderful feature and when I was done with my four night cruise all I had to pay was for my receipe books I purchased! RO

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old October 7th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Thanks to you all I have purchased a couple of these and will continue to purchase them until our cruise on 12/4. I'm not a heavy drinker but my husband can put them away.

Old October 8th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

GirlS I think you did a smart thing buying some of the drink coupons.I found them very good to have to save on the sign and sail card. Like I said also I already purchased photo cetrtificates and gift certificates in amounts of 25 dollars to have on me also. Ro

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old October 8th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Passenger

Ro, I am thinking of purchasing the gift certificates too. Where do I get the photo coupons?

Old December 9th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default What Should We Do?

So I'm a little confused about the drink coupons. One person says that if you order a drink that is over the $4.95 limit of one coupon, then you have to fork over another one.

Is this true? We are going on our cruise on 12-22-05, have never been on one before and trying to see what is the best thing.

My wife and I drink Vodka/coke and don't know what it would cost if we just bought it on the boat. Also, what size are they? I heard that you could buy the souvenir glass with drink for $6.95 and its an 18oz glass. Is that 18oz of vodka/coke? not bad for $6.95. Then all your drinks the rest of the cruise are $4.50 to refill? Am I reading that right.

If any seasoned cruiser can let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Beginner

Default Soda card

One thing I found on our Ecstasy cruise was that my daughter was able to get smoothies free also with her soda card. They were quite tasty and it was a break from just soda every time she wanted a drink.

Cinderose