Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2000, 08:54 PM
Mike Miller

Default Chankanaab Park Cozumel

Fellow Cruisers
Need any info, reviews, opinions etc. on this tour or park in Cozumel.
We will be there in March on the Victiory..trying to pre-select our tours.
We were there a few years ago on the Holliday but missed the park.
Thanks for the help!!!!!
MikeM (__)(__)
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2000, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: Chankanaab Park Cozumel

Chankanaab is a national park with an admission fee around $7/person I think. The facilities are nice, the beach is decent, and lots of fish for snorkeling. There's a Dolphin swim there now as well, which wasn't there on our last visit.
Easy to grab a cab from the pier here, and it's only around $5.
Coz is a small island. We've rented a jeep at the pier for the day, driven all the way around the island (hard to get lost there.. one road around.. oddly called main road <G>) with stops along the way Playa del Sol Beach and Chankanaab, and still had plenty of time for Carlos & Charlies.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 16th, 2000, 01:48 AM
voyagerfl

We are not normally much for the beach.....but we really enjoyed the park setting....and the snorkeling was fantastic....The water was so clear....the fish so beautiful......
It's something everyone should experience just once...... Take the cab, it's the best way....They rent snorkeling gear right at the beach there...

The only thing is entering the water...there is a little rocky shelf going into the water....not a normal slowly sloping beach.....If someone were handicapped or has mobility problems they might not be able to enter the water....(the way I remember it)
Old September 16th, 2000, 09:23 AM
First Mate

What is Carlos & Charlies?
Old September 16th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Sharon wrote:
>
> What is Carlos & Charlies?

C & Cs is a bar located upstairs in one of the buildings on the "main street" of SanMiguel, Cozumel.
But that answer doesn't tell u half the story <G>
This is the hot spot for fun in Cozumel. Everyone lets loose here from cruise ship passengers to staff. Yard drinks, shooters, music and LOTS of dancing and antics are the order of the day. Great people watching, if you're like me and your booty is to stiff to shake<VBG>
Just be sure someone in the group is keeping track of when your ship departs.It's fact not fiction that some people have missed their ship's departure by visiting Carlos and Charlies.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 16th, 2000, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ok, Just got back from there and went to chankanaab park. We got off the ship and got a Taxi for 6 of us. 16.00 in a van and it was 8 in a car. We took a van. Ten dollars to get in per person. Plan on spending the day. Also take bug repelant for your stroll through the paths and the ruins. Snorkle equipment is 5.00 complete. You can scuba for 35.00. Bring your underwater camera. Bring corn flakes from the morning breakfast to feed the fish and the iguanas. I also had an igloo folding cooler we bought at walmart and used it there at chacnkanaab park. We had our room steward get us ice and we took water and soda with us. Well worth it. There is beach chairs at the park that are free. Get under a hut to protect you from the sun. It is the best for snorkling and nature there is. Make that your day. you will not be sorry. There is a place to buy food and drink if you wish. Very good prices and there are gift shops as well. The prices are better there than any place else on the island. So if you see it and want it. DON'T WAIT.
Old September 17th, 2000, 07:24 PM
George in NY

I see the prices have risen a tad since my last visit a coupe of years back. You mentioned scuba, did they require certification? Please tell me more about that. You used to be able to scuba in St.Thomas without certification but I think that is gone now.

George in NY
Old September 18th, 2000, 07:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

George. They had beginner scuba. No certification required. They take you out in the water just off shore with the people that are snorkling. They give the divers bait and there are underwater photos taken from the crew that you can buy. I do not know how much they cost. You can also rent your own underwater camera. Again I do not know price but it has a light and all the bells that go with it.
Old October 7th, 2000, 07:09 PM
Passenger

dont miss this place. ITS WILD keep track of time for ship departing.