Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2000, 10:27 AM
Carole Dunham

Default 1st Carnival cruise

I just got off my first Carnival cruise on the brand new Victory on a 5 day cruise from New York to Saint John, NB and Halifax NS. I enjoyed it very much (except for debarkation which was hell) and will write a full review when I return from DC where I am visiting my daughter.

\Carole
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2000, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: 1st Carnival cruise

Hi Carole,
I'm sure interested to hear all about this new ship, hope you had a good time, sorry about the debarkation Have a nice visit with Nina and say a big "hi" to her from us, take care.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 18th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Mike Miller

Carole
We have a group booking in March on the Victory.
Will be very interested in your take on the ship.
Isn't debarkation wonderful. Seven cruises and only one, RCL Legend to P Canal wwent smooth. Prior to that I thought that is the way it is....cattle in a corridior etc. Lot of room of improvement ...especially with Carnival (4 trips fro us).
Thanks,
MikeM(__)(__)
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:34 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Mike,

Your group is going to LOVE the ship. I'd write the review right now except I'm on my daughter's computer and she needs to use it. I can get small doses of it.

I found debarkation on Princess and Celebrity to be lots easier than on Victory. First of all, the elevator used to take luggage off the ship broke down, which I don't blame the line for. However, we were given diffenrent color luggage tags and were asked to disembarik in the order given. There was no control over this and everyone stampeded off the ship in one fell swoop. Another thing, and this isn't Carnival's fault either, there were very few cabs. It took me 90 minutes to get one and I almost missed the metroliner to DC. This was the first time in 41 years I've sailed from New York and if I do it again, I will arrange for a car service to pick me up. It was wonderfulk sailing out of New York though. The last time I did it it was January, in the middle of a blizzard and with lots of ice in the Hudson. This was a gorgeous fall day and Manhattan looked wonderful.

Carole
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:57 PM
Mike Miller

Carole
You may want to consider posting your review on other sites...cut and paste..
So little info available at this time.. also go thru the rating system per each
Thanks for the help
MikeM(__)(__)
cruisemates.com
cruisecritic.com
cruiseopinion.com
cruisereviews.com
Old September 20th, 2000, 04:06 PM
Carole Dunham

Dear Mike,

Was planning on doing all of that when I return to Miami Sept. 24th. Can't use my daughter's computer long enough to do justice to Victory. BTW, there were a few things I disliked (the stuffing in the beef wellington tasted like roadkill and I told Carnival about it. Really nasty stuff), and there were three rooms that really didn't work, IMHO. However, the overall experience was excellent. Nicest cabin I've ever had. Joe Farcus has been watching the Christopher Lowell show. Christopher Lowell hates white ceilings and my cabin's ceilihg was peach!

Carole