Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2000, 07:46 PM
Mary Ellen Malone
Default Places to eat on Destiny

Thinking of going on the Destiny but want to get a little info. Does the Destiny have different places to eat as the Truimph does, such as Chinese, Deli, and Grill along with the Pizza that is 24 hrs. Know the other ones will most likely be open only certain times of the day such as lunch, but would like to know my options.

Also, thought I read that there is a pool that you can swim up to a bar to get a drink is this true, this is not important, but would like to know
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2000, 01:09 AM
Default RE: Places to eat on Destiny

...The Destiny also has some of the same restaurants that the Triumph has. The Grill, along with the 24 hour Pizzeria are in the same places on both ships. The post side has in place of the Triumph's NY Deli, the Destiny has The Trattoria, serving Italian food. On the starboard side, the Triumph's Hong Kong Noodle Company has been replaced on the Destiny with Happy Valley, also serving Chinese food.
...Though I haven't sailed the Triumph, I have sailed the Destiny last October, (and again in a couple of weeks) and tried entrees from both The Trattoria and Happy Valley, and enjoyed them both very much.
...Also, to answer your last question, the rear of the Solar Bar, located midship Lido Deck, does have a "swim-up" bar connected to the Lido Pool. Very cool.
...Hope this helps...
Old September 23rd, 2000, 12:58 PM
Mary Ellen Malone

Thanks for the info. just went to my travel agent this morning, and priced Destiny for May 20, 2001, she did not remember about the pool, even though her and her co-worker were on it. Will decide this week between doing another cruise next year or doing Disney, leaning toward the cruise I think. But 2002, my daughter and I are definetly doing the Spirit in I believe it is March of 2002 doing the Western Caribbean. Looking forward to this cruise the most. Prices however are not out for it.
Old September 24th, 2000, 09:09 AM
George in NY

Mary Ellen, I haven't sailed her but I was onboard recently touring around and taking lots of photo's for my buddies website. You can see them at

There are 52 photos there so the page takes a few minutes to load for most people but I hope you will find it was worth it. The swim up pool bar is there also.

George in NY - 13 days until Zenith to Bermuda

carnival, cruise, destiny, eat, places, trattoria