Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2000, 10:44 PM
First Time Cruiser

Default upgrades

I would just like to know from some of you that have booked a 4A guarantee what you ended up with. Has anyone gotten an outside room?
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: upgrades

Hi First Time cruiser,
In case you haven't read the article our "kuki" wrote about booking guarantee cabins, here is the link. It pretty much explains how you sometime end up with upgrades, but it all depends on that certain sailing, how full is the ship, etc.
Hope reading this helps and may-be someone booked that catagory and can let you know what they ended up with. Although what one person gets could be totally different than you situation. Hope you get that great cabin, but also hope you will be happy with the 4a catagory, good luck.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/before/guaranteed.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 29th, 2000, 04:34 PM
Rene

I have booked a 4A room three times, and was upgraded twice to a 4D & 4E. Both inside rooms, just further up the ship. It is my understanding that it is rare, if it occurs at all, to be upgraded from an inside room to an outside room.
Old September 29th, 2000, 05:10 PM
First Mate

I have booked 4A guarantee twice. Got a 5A one time and a 6A one time. Both outside cabins, but the 5A had portholes instead of a window.

I booked a 6A for this next cruise and got an upgrade to an 8A. I'm looking forward to my balcony.

When I sailed HAL, my sister and I booked a run-of-ship and got a Category B. We thought we'd get a tiny inside cabin with bunkbeds. Boy were we surprised. The only drawback we saw to that cabin was that we looked out at a lifeboat. Oh well, beggers can't be picky.

People say that I'm just lucky when it comes to upgrades. My TA claims that my luck comes from booking the cruise several months in advance. Of course, I usually don't know where my cabin is until I get to the pier.

However, I know that I would be perfectly happy in an inside cabin because I'd be on the cruise. Getting the upgrade is just icing on the cake.

Sharon
23 hours until sailing time on the Victory
Old October 1st, 2000, 03:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was just on the Elation and got a 4B inside room, middle of ship upgrade from a 4A guarantee. The ship was completely booked, and a sign said there was no upgrades, so I guess we were lucky to get that. I didn't mind the inside room, because it was extremely dark, and easy to catch a few winks/long naps in the middle of the day after a night of partying! We had a blast! Make sure you bring ear plugs, however. The first night I heard loud noises all night from ship workers clanging things. Once I used the ear plugs and the tylenol 3 given in the room, I slept great all week.
Old October 2nd, 2000, 10:14 AM
Passenger

I'M SAILING ON THE VICTORY ON OCT 7. I HAVE A 6A GUARANTEE. ANY TRIPS ON HOW TO MOVE UP? HOW WAS THE CRUISE? AND DID YOU DO ANY EXCURSIONS? HOPE YOU GET THIS BEFORE I GO ON SAT. THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

CAROLYN
Old October 2nd, 2000, 09:33 PM
Mitch Goodman

Booked a 4A Guarantee on the Imagination for the Sept 14 sailing. We didn't get an upgrade, but we were located mid-ship. I was very happy.

mitch
Old October 4th, 2000, 10:39 AM
alesia

It is NOT your god given right to an upgrade!! Most ships these days sail over booked. NEVER book a room you won't be happy with in hopes of an upgrade. Even if you did get one it would be the SAME room on a higher floor. A window or balcony? What a laugh.