Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2000, 11:55 PM
Passenger

Default Holiday...10/20

My husband and I will be on the Holiday 10/20/00..We got a great deal on an outside cabin. Has anyone been on this ship? We just got of the Elation in July. How do the two ships compare?
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2000, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Default RE: Holiday...10/20

I've been on the Holiday twice and am going again 10/27/00. I like the Holiday. I have not been on the Elation but am scheduled on it 7/1/01. The only thing I know is the Elation is newer and bigger. What did you think of the Elation? Where is the location of your cabin on the Holiday? Are you doing the 3 or 4 day cruise?
Bev
Old October 4th, 2000, 08:28 PM
Passenger

I've sailed on both of the ships. NO COMPARISON! The Elation is much more upscale than the Holiday. Thats not to say we didn't have a good time on the Holiday. We had a great time. Actually, we liked the Holiday better than the Viking Serenade (which we sailed on in April). Food was much better, although the service was exceptional on the Serenade. The outside/inside cabins are typical Carnival rooms. Promenade is a little gaudy..but fun. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Old October 9th, 2000, 12:27 AM
Passenger

Bev,
You will love the Elation. She is a beautiful ship.. Our cabin on the Holiday is M105. I hope we will have as much fun on this ship as we did the other. We are going on the 3day cruise. Leave Friday and return Monday.....

Trisha
Old October 9th, 2000, 12:34 AM
Passenger

Thanks Melinda for the info. We are so excited just to be going on another cruise. And this time we got an outside cabin. What did you think of Ensenada? And do you have any idea of what the weather will be like this time of year? When on the Elation in July the weather was great I couldn't belive how HOT it was on deck in the middle of the ocean. We wore lots of shorts in July
wonder if we'll be wearing lots of pants this time.

Thanks so much,
Trisha