Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2000, 01:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Help! Carnival spa deck level 6E ?

Does anyone know what the cabins look like on either the Triumph or Victory for spa deck level 6E? The brochure says these cabins have floor to ceiling windows. But I noticed it's near the kiddie area & spa area. My questions are: Do you get a good view since there are floor to ceiling windows or should I get a balcony cabin instead? Also, is there heavy traffic flow near the cabins since it's next to everything?
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2000, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Default RE: Help! Carnival spa deck level 6E ?

Can only tell you that we were originally booked into a 6E cabin on the Victory.
About 10 days before the cruise, a Cat 11 became avail. for only $60 per person more. Our travel agent happened to go on the ship the same day we boarded to inspect it. She saw both rooms and said that she was surprised the 6E was no larger than it was. She was happy we did the upgrade. I am also, even though it was in an area with a great view, it was so much better to have our own private balcony.

The seas were rough the 2nd day out and all the elevators were closed. It was also very difficult to get elevators during some of the busy times, esp. at meal times and going on shore. We were so much happier we were on the Empress deck in the middle and able to go up or down 2 floors and be where we wanted to be.

Personally, I would get a balcony! Let me know if you have any questions.
Old October 9th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Default RE: Help! Carnival spa deck level 6E ?

Can only tell you that we were originally booked into a 6E cabin on the Victory.
About 10 days before the cruise, a Cat 11 became avail. for only $60 per person more. Our travel agent happened to go on the ship the same day we boarded to inspect it. She saw both rooms and said that she was surprised the 6E was no larger than it was. She was happy we did the upgrade. I am also, even though the 6E was in an area with a great view, it was so much better to have our own private balcony. We walked up there and it seemed fairly quiet.

The seas were rough the 2nd day out and all the elevators were closed. It was also very difficult to get elevators during some of the busy times, esp. at meal times and going on shore. We were so much happier we were on the Empress deck in the middle and able to go up or down 2 floors and be where we wanted to be.

Personally, I would get a balcony! Let me know if you have any questions.