Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2000, 11:50 PM
Ronat

Default Healthy Eating

We're going on the Destiny the end of this month. Wondering how hard it will be to get grilled foods during lunch? We're aware of the lite foods in the dining room (Nautica, I believe) but we usually eat lunches up on deck, etc. My wife is on Weight Watchers and doesn't want to break her diet on the cruise. Anyone with any experience in this department? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2000, 12:26 PM
hoytee

Default RE: Healthy Eating

Hi! I went on the Triumph this past year, which is a sister ship to the Destiny. I also do Weight Watchers, but do not follow it very well during cruise week!!!!!! Anyway, we usually eat at the buffets during the day, and eat in the dining room at night. At the lunch buffet they have a WONDERFUL salad bar with fat-free dressings. They also have fresh fruits. The turkey sandwiches at the deli are great. They also have grilled chicken sandwiches at the outdoor grill. The "serve yourself" frozen yogurt (chocolate, vanilla, or twist) is terrific!

For breakfast, they have fresh fruit, English Muffins, or toast, and other healthy things.

Weight Watchers has taught me to eat pretty healthy, so the fattening "saucy" foods don't even appeal to me anymore. At dinners they serve several types of seafood or even a lean filet mignon. You can also get grilled chicken for dinner each night if you don't see anything else you like! But.............I always splurge and enjoy the best dessert they have!! I guess you only live once Hope this helps!