CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   12 Days & counting (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/184924-12-days-counting.html)

Linda&Mike October 17th, 2000 11:47 AM

12 Days & counting

We only have 12 days til we sail on the Victory 10/29/00 for our first time cruise! Are there any other couples out there sailing with us? We are going with another couple from Northern Michigan, would love to meet some other partyers. Any tips on packing liquor in or checked baggage to help keep the drink bill down? Hope to see you on board!

Donna October 17th, 2000 05:49 PM

RE: 12 Days & counting

Hi Linda & Mike,
Bon Voyage and have a wonderful "first cruise"! A good way to make sure you don't go crazy with your sign and sail card, is check it and keep all your recepts and go through them. They do have a habit of adding up fast, so just be careful about it. Have a wonderful time :-)

You can also check your account with Carnival any time to make sure everything is getting credited properly.

Donnassei/Sealover

mbaker October 18th, 2000 05:10 AM

My husband and I just got off the Victory. Nice ship, crew needs work. Don't let this get you down, as a first time cruiser you will think everything is wonderful, but we have had better service on other CCL ships. The liquor policy is odd... you can bring wine and champage on board. We did it and enjoyed the bubbly in our suite as we sailed. Nice cheap touch. There will be a fee of $10 bucks if you bring the alcohol into the dining room. We were also told by our travel agent, free soda and wine with dinner on Victory, just a vicious rumor. The ship's staff looked at me like I had two heads.

Ravyn October 18th, 2000 05:38 PM

Linda and Mike,

I am taking my family (husband, daughter 17, son 12, my mother, and myself) on the same cruise. We are from Green Bay, Wisconsin and can't wait to escape to a warmer climate!!! lol

Ravyn

JoAnn October 20th, 2000 03:13 PM

We are also going on this cruise. There are 9 of us, 4 adults in our mid thirties and 5 kids 2-14 F, 2 boys 11 and a 9 year oldboy. This will be the kids first cruise and the adults 3rd. First cruise with Carnival thou. Caint wait!!!
Patiently waiting ,
JoAnn

Linda October 22nd, 2000 05:11 AM

Ravyn,
From Green Bay Huh? Are you Packer fans by chance? Mike & I are both Detroit Lions Fans! We're from Northern Michigan. Maybe we can meet up on board.

Linda October 22nd, 2000 05:19 AM

We're going without the kids this being our first. If we like next time we may try it with our. Only one more week to go.