Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2000, 09:47 PM
motley81

Default first timer with ???

My wife and I are about to make our first cruise on Noverber 9th and we were wonnder about a few things.
I've read about a "video diary team" and the ships own photographers, but don't hear to much about guest's filming alot. What I as wondering is how much of a stupid tourist will we look like with a camcorder all the time? We really don't want to be stuck buying the ship pictures.
Also, what do you do with your cameras and camcorders when you go on the shore trips and go snorkling? Is thier places made avaible to stow these or should they just be left behind when you go and then retrieved later by going back to the boat afterwards?
We just want to get as many memories filmed a possible, cause who knows when we'll be able to this again.
Thanks for any and all help........
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2000, 12:43 AM
Giovanna

Default RE: first timer with ???

Hi There First Timer.

I thought I would help you out a bit with your pre-cruise questions. First off you will in no way look like an idiot if you are filming all the time. Lots of people do it whether it's there 1st cruise or their 21st cruise. I am a travel agent that still carries my camera or recorder with me because there is always something you'll want to remember. As for cameras on shore...I would suggest you bring a couple of waterproof disposable cameras for those beach/snorkel days, and your regular cameras for tours and shopping. Finally, when you sit for the ship photographer at any time you can also have him/her take additional shots with your camera. They are very ok with doing this sort of thing. Don't feel shy about asking for what you want. This is your vacation and any crew member will be happy to help you make it the best experience of your life. Giovanna
Old October 25th, 2000, 12:33 PM
alesia

I always take my cam on cruises. It does a much better job of capturing what a cruise is like.
Old October 26th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Malissa

I took my first cruise last Easter on the Triumph and I brought my video camera every where we went. Trust me, you won't look like a stupid tourist. You'll look like everyone else. A good thing to bring with you is a back pack. When you go on shore you'll want to have something to pack your camera and other things in and a back pack is very convenient. As for having a place to store your camera that all depends. If you go snorkeling from a boat just make sure to bring your back pack and store it in there. They will probably have a section to put all these in and they'll be safe. If you go from the beach I would be careful. You might not even want to bring it with you in that case.
It's all your call. If you feel it will be safe, most likely it'll be safe.
Hope this helps.
Old October 26th, 2000, 10:02 PM
Tinae0271

Hey what cruise ship will you be on?? A friend and myself are going on the Fantasy 11/9.
Tina
Old October 26th, 2000, 11:04 PM
motley81

We'll be on the Imagination.........
Old October 28th, 2000, 12:55 PM
RoboCop

Half the people will be wandering around with camcorders and the other half with cameras so you won't look out of place. As for what5 to do with them while swimming...there is no place to store them so either you or someone you feel good about will have to watch it for you. What we have done with some success is to place them in a plastic bag and bury then in the sand under our blankets. Just be sneaky about it.
Jim
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:49 PM
First Mate

I must have my camcorder when i cruise. I love making a video after its over. It helps me when im home and missing the experience. I can pop in the tape and relive the memories.

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION