Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2000, 03:00 PM
Pmarie

Default Freeport Excursions

Any suggestions? Are the shore excursions good? What do you think is the best? I heard there's not much there.
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2000, 04:29 AM
mbaker

Default RE: Freeport Excursions

We just got back from Freeport 10/3. Really not much to do. It's a poor island and it shows. When you pull into port, you will be right next to a gravel pit, no lie! However, my husband and I did go snorkeling. It's a ship excursion. Cost was 29.00 per person. Took a taxi to otherside of island, takes about 25 minutes. Get on a small boat, sail out 20 minutes and jump in. When we went the waves were rough and it made for a difficult swim. But enjoyable. Remember, this is a 'dive' from the middle of the ocean, life vests are provided and i strongly recommend using them. On the way back, ask the captain to id the fish you saw, he is very helpful. The excursion promised rum punch on the way back, none was served. When you dock in Freeport, hit the little bazar by the pier. It has lots of tourist stuff and bargains. Don't worry about shopping in town, they have the same items as the pier. You will also see the same stuff in Nassau, which is much better than Freeport. We spent the big bucks in Nassau and went swimming with the dolphins, great excursion. Enjoy.