Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2000, 02:08 PM
MarkT

Default Family of 1 in 1 Cabin

On Carnival, I have seen messages posted that 5 can share a room. I have studied the books and room layouts but have not seen any mention of this. What is their policy? Does this mean they bring in a roll-away? Are there only certain rooms to choose from or do they choose the room? Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2000, 04:22 PM
First Mate

Default RE: Family of 1 in 1 Cabin

Hi there "communications guy"! :-)
Yes, it is very possible to have a family of 5 share one cabin on Carnival. You would have a regular "quad" room (with two uppers & two lowers) along with a rollaway bed.
I have been in a triple cabin as a family of four, so had more or less the same arrangements ~ on the floor at least. Even with two regular beds and one rollaway, there is some room to manuver, yes, it's tight, but it can be done. The biggest challenge would probably be scheduling showers, and sharing the limited drawer space.
I have cruised with several families who have had 5 in a cabin. Most say it's not a problem at all. Come to think of it, the ones who said "never again" all had teenage daughters. Coincidence? you be the judge!
Susan
Old November 8th, 2000, 08:36 PM
Ravyn

Mark,

I just returned Monday from a wonderful week on the Victory, and we had 5 in our cabin. Susan is correct in that we had a room with 2 single beds forming an "L" out from the TV stand and then 2 drop-down bunk beds from the ceiling. A cot was brought in at night and placed alongside one of the single beds. The arrangement worked well for the price savings, and we had plenty of drawer and closet space. I have been told that the Victory has larger than normal and improved staterooms though. Most everyone in the room was on a different schedule; showering time was never a problem.
Old November 9th, 2000, 06:06 PM
MarkT

Thanks Susan and Ravyn for the info. Our family of 5 is going next Thanksgiving with other family members and I'm preparing myself for all 5 of us to sleep in the same cabin if the grandparents won't allow 1 to sleep with them. Thanks for the info.
Old November 10th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are a family of 5 (3 teens). We decided to go with two cabins because we have shared hotel rooms before and the shower planning alone was insane. Good luck!
Old November 10th, 2000, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Breeze,
That is so true, many times its possible to share a cabin with 4-5 cruisers, the then the bathroom time comes into effect and thats the hard part. I think the
2 cabins will be the way to go, enjoy cruising :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 10th, 2000, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

You also need to consider bedtimes too. Our teens like to stay up very late and my husband and I go to bed early. We always get two rooms.
Old November 13th, 2000, 03:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are planning a cruise in June and have 3 kids, 2 teens, on almost teen. Do they ships have connecting state rooms? That is something I would consider.
Old November 13th, 2000, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Brenda,
Yes, they do have connecting staterooms, have your travel agent look into that before booking. I think that would be the best way to go.

DOnnassei/Sealover