Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2000, 12:22 PM
Call Girl

Default Anyone sailed Destiny Euro Delight?

My family & freinds (8 people) are sailing out in October 2001 for the European Delight tour on the Destiny..... St. Thomas,Aruba,Antigua, Guadolupe. This will be our first cruise on Carnival and only our second cruise ever (Disney was our 1st). I'm not sue what to expect. We booked through a TA and should have a room with a balcony. I'm so excited I'm about to die! I'm HOOKED on cruising!
If anyone can tell me what are the best things to take in OR avoid on the boat and the islands it would be greatly appreciated. Should we do early or late dining? No kids on this trip..it's all about the adults getting a break!

Thanks in advance for your help! Happy Cruising.........
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2000, 05:12 PM
Debbi

Default RE: Anyone sailed Destiny Euro Delight?

Hi Call Girl. You can also checkout CruiseCritics for more reviews. I'm sailing that itinerary next August and can't wait. I've gotten alot of information from CruiseCritic, this board, Cruise-Addicts & Cruise2. Happy planning!
Old November 9th, 2000, 01:47 PM
Passenger

With no kids, I would say do the late seating. This gives you time to spend time on the islands without rushing back to the ship to get ready for dinner. Destiny was my best cruise I ever took. I would definately order the video from Carnival for $9.95. It shows you everything on the ship including great info on your ports of call. You will watch this video a hundred times before you set sail in Oct, 2001. Carnival is definately the way to go without kids. Great shows, excellent food, and lots of partying. Have fun!
Old November 14th, 2000, 01:36 AM
SUE GARDEN

I JUST RETURNED FROM THE SAME CRUISE YESTERDAY, NOV. 12TH. IT WAS MY SEVENTH CRUISE ON CARNIVAL, AND I LOVED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. THIS WAS MY SECOND CRUISE ON THE DESTINY. WHEN IN ST. THOMAS BE SURE TO GO TO MEGHAN'S BAY. IF YOU LOVE BEACHES, YOU WILL NOT BE DIAPPOINTED. IT IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING. I HAVE BEEN THERE THREE TIMES AND IT IS PRETTIER EACH TIME. ANTIGUA WAS VERY NICE, GREAT SHOPPING AND BEACHES, GUADELUPE LOOKED SO SAD AND DEPRESSING THAT MANY PEOPLE JUST STAYED ON THE SHIP. ARUBA ON THE OTHER HAND WAS INCREDIBLE. EVERY THING ABOUT IT WAS BEUTIFUL. THE SCENERY, THE BEACHES, THE SHOPPING, THE PEOPLE. SEE AND DO ALL YOU CAN IN ARUBA, AND IF YOU LIKE THE BEACH, BE SURE TO GO TO DE PALMA BEACH. I PREFER LATE DINING, AS IT GIVES YOU PLENTY OF TIME WHEN YOU RETURN FROM SHORE TO REST A BIT, AND GET CLEANED UP FOR DINNER. THE FOOD IS GREAT. THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT. AND IF YOU SHOULD BE IN THE GALAXY LOWER DINING ROOM , PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE ASSISTANT WAITER PUTO, AND PLEASE TELL HIM THAT LORI SAID HELLO. IF YOU LIKE ADULT HUMOR, MAKE SURE TO SEE THE ADULT COMEDY SHOW IN THE CRITERION LOUNGE AT MIDNIGHT. IT WILL HAVE YOU LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY. I AM SURE YOU WILL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF YOUR CRUISE, THERE IS SO MUCH TO SEE AND DO, YOU WILL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. HAPPY CRUISING. SUE G.
Old December 27th, 2000, 11:04 PM
Passenger

I was on the Destiny when it first started sailing, again this past August and am booked for European delight in March. She is the best ship. Don't forget to try the wine bar--they make great martinis and the bartender is great. The view from the bow on deck seven is the best on board. I spent an hour watching dolphins there. Try going to St. John's when you are in St. Thomas; it is one of the best beaches I've ever seen in my ten years of cruising. You'll have a great time.