Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2000, 05:04 PM
Terry Cloper

Default Victory 12/24

My wife (Leslie) and I are thinking of snorkeling and going sightseeing. We thought a rental car might be fun. Does anyone know if you can rent a car in Cozumel and get over to the main land with it? Is it worth the trip to see the Main land? Is Cancun worth a look at? Is the snorkeling also great from the mainland?Any help would be great. Anyone else interested in the same day trip away from the shore excursions feel free to reply.

Terry New York
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2000, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Victory 12/24

Hi Terry,
If you want to go to a good snorkeling spot, right in Cozumel there is Chankanaab Park. You can get a cab right at the pier and also rent anything you need there, once at the park. Its very easy to do on your own and its a nice beach day. Not really sure if you'd have enough time to really "see" Cancun or the mainland, may-be some others have already done that. Have a great holiday on Victory :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old December 4th, 2000, 09:35 PM
carlandcolleen

Just returned from this cruise!!!! There is not much to see in Cozumel . You can rent a car.... but I dont know if it is worth it... Cozumel is not the highlight of the Cruise. however you are there til midnight. go to the mainland if you can.... or tho the park everyone talks about. But for sure... go to Carlos and charlies. great for any age
Old December 4th, 2000, 09:38 PM
carlandcolleen

Default RE: Victory 12/24 many kids

By the way there will be 900 children on board that week..... the camp carnival councelors told us. yesterday. That week is going to be packed!!!
Old December 5th, 2000, 12:25 AM
stevan&teri

We also just got back from this cruise. On Cozumel we rented a VW at the dock and had a great time exploring the island. We went to the ruins out past the airport, spent a couple of hours there and then drove around the island and stopped at a few beaches before winding up downtown. I don't think there is enough time for the mainland thing. The car was $30 + gas and you can go at your own pace. I'll have photos up tomorrow @ www.digitimages.com/cruise

Old December 5th, 2000, 07:12 PM
Carlandcolleen

this is the Mediterranian Cafe where you can eat buffet , alternative meals. It is very close to 2 pools and has great food. This is also where the midnight buffet is everynight. Breakfast is great here too!!!