Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Food on Triumph

Am thinking of taking a Triumph Cruise next year, but all the latest reviews don't give great comments about the food. Anyone been recently and care to share their views. My husband and I consider oursevles to be fine dining type people. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2000, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Default RE: Food on Triumph

We were on the Triumph a few weeks ago and had a really great time. The food was usually o.k. to good, with a few things being really great. I think that the total experience and vaccation was what really made our trip special, besides wonderful blue skies and calm seas, and the unlimited ice cream machines and pizza/burgers were helpful when we felt like a bite at odd times. THe dining room was a pleasant experience and the food was presented very nice. The pasta dishes were especially good and the fruit and vegetable appetizers were yummy. Some deserts were really good and some were well, just ok. For sure we didn't go hungry. Fell free to email me more specific questions, I will be happy to help.
Susan
Old November 28th, 2000, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Liz wrote:
>
> My husband
> and I consider oursevles to be fine dining type people. thanks.

Liz,
Frankly I don't think one can expect fine dining in the dining rooms of any of the mass market cruise lines. Possibly in some of the alternate restaurants some ships offer, but then it's likely you can only have one dinner there because of the demand.
Generally speaking on a mass market line you can expect good to excellent banquet quality. You'll have to step up to the "luxury" lines if you want fine dining.

That said, we were on the Triumph last Christmas, and just off the Sensation last week, and the food was very good on both. Plus, I think Carnival has the best pizza at sea... and some nights in our house, even that is considered fine dining
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old November 29th, 2000, 12:20 AM
NJmatt

We sailed Triumph last year to Canada from New York,food was good and
sailed again this past September to Canada again but on the Victory,food
was great and plenty of it,small portions but if you wanted another dinner it
was there for the asking,and not that I ordered but my traveling companion did with no fuss from the Waiters like we encountered when sailing on Celebrity which was like trying to pull teeth...and this included when we had lobster one night.
Old November 29th, 2000, 07:41 AM
alesia

If you expect five star dinning on a 4 star cruise line you are thinking about the wrong cruise line. I thought the food was great on Triumph, but not outstanding.
Old November 29th, 2000, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks to all for their replies. While mentioning we enjoyed fine dining, the intent was not to expect top class dining. Just wanted to make sure we would not be disappointed. I think Kuki said it best. Thanks for the reminder about the first class pizza!
Old December 5th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Malissa

I was on Triumph last April. I really enjoyed the food especially the pizza, chicken ceasar salad (at pizza place) and just about everything at the New York Noodle Factory (I think that's the name). Of course if you're looking for 5 star, fine dining then you might want to try another cruise line but if you're looking for good food and a great time I'm sure you'll love it. Be careful with some of the seafood though. I ate the shrimp on the last night and got a little sick in the middle of the night. That probably won't happen to you but remember that when you're ordering. Have a fun trip!
Old January 6th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cruised the Triumph July '00. Food was good to great most of the time. The New York Deli had great Pastrami & Turkey.

The food in the dinning room was good and the waiters were allways attentive and willing to correct any problems.

Enjoy!!