Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Victor Victorious!

We just returned from our 1st cruise on the Victory ship it was awsome . The only problem was the photo lines almost saw a brawl there. St. Croix was ok, but would have rather spent longer in St. Thomas. All the food was excellent although the pools and jacuzzi's were filled with kids so we never used them. Best Advice that I learned by researching these boards was BYOB if you drink. We took 2 1/2 cases of beer 2 fifths of Captain Morgans Rum in plastic containers found at Meijers and a case of Pepsi , we checked 6 bags between my husband and I each also took a carry on it was wild. But our bar bill was only$400 for the week , also don't miss the free drinks at the captains party and take advantage of the happy hours in the red and Black Seas Bar. No we are not alcoholics although we both agree we need new livers.. e-mail me for more info.
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2000, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Victor Victorious!

Hi Pam,
Sounds like you had a ball on Victory, so glad to hear it. What are some other things you did on the islands?

Donnassei
Old December 26th, 2000, 11:02 AM
mayna

You took all that and still had a bar bill of $400 - how many of you were included in that bar bill - I hope to cut ours down to $200 - (well that may not be possible now that I am doing the math) and did you take an extra suitcase just for all that beer - it must weigh a ton...we want to do the same...thanks
Old December 27th, 2000, 10:42 PM
mayna

how do I stop all the emails - I must have clicked something and didn't realize that all messages would come directly to me...help..
Old December 28th, 2000, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mayna.
There is a little box at the bottom of the body of the message, "e-mail replies to this thread", you must of checked it. Next time, leave it blank, that should help, in the mean time you will get e-mails from this thread, sorry.

Donnassei
Old December 31st, 2000, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Hi Pam, Thanks for the tips about the booze, our group will definetly benefit from the advice. How did you get all that booze on board? I guess you didn't have to fly to the ship? The comment about the kids in the pools and Jacuzzi's kinda bothered me but we are planning New Years eve cruise for next year. Hopefully not as many kids.
Old December 31st, 2000, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

LORRIE wrote:
>

> The comment about the kids in the pools and Jacuzzi's kinda
> bothered me but we are planning New Years eve cruise for next
> year. Hopefully not as many kids.

Lorrie,
Don't count on less kids. School's still out and there will still be lot of kids. Best to expect and accept it you're going.
Just enjoy! In my view New Years Eve is the BEST night to be at sea!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old January 5th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Malissa

I was curious about the booze situation on board. Do they check your baggage on the Victory? I am sailing on January 21st Western Caribean. We would like to keep our bar bill down as much as possible. We are staying in Miami for the weekend so we could stock up. How can I get alcohol aboard? Any suggestions?
Old January 5th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Yeoman

Put it in your bags that are going to be put on board for yo...don't carry them on since they will be scanned. I traveling with several people that did that and did not have a problem. Hopefully your cabin steward will keep them on cie for you!
Old January 16th, 2001, 02:13 PM
First Mate

We are planning on going on the Celebration to Cozumel and Cancun. Do you think it would be the same type of security as far as alcohol goes? Should we BYOB as you did?