Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2000, 04:14 PM
Ari

Default Is carnival a good cruise line to work for??

Hey

I was looking for a job an a cruise. I was told not to get one on Carnival. Why would they tell me this? I have never been on a cruise so i cant compare for myself. A little help please...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2000, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Is carnival a good cruise line to work for??

Hi Ari,
The reason someone most likely told you to apply at Carnival is because they are a huge cruiseline and probibaly a good Company to work for. You should definately chech it out.

What kind of work do you want to do on a ship? Hope it all works out for U, good luck. You may want to go to their web-site and look for employment opportunities, its worth a try.

Donnassei
Old December 19th, 2000, 08:22 PM
RoboCop

Probably because you are an American and compared to the pay scale in the USA pay is very bad and the hours are very long. This is also the case on all cruiselines, not just Carnival. To be quite honest, I know a number of people that do work for Carnival and all of them are very happy with the company. Some have worked for other lines and state that the Carnival crew are a happier group with much better moral than the others they know of.
Jim
Old December 21st, 2000, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Everyone I know who works for Carnival has been with the company forever -- none of them ever leave. I know that waiters and stewards aboard ship get good perks: color TV, two in a cabin, insurance (medical, dental), their family can travel free (in the crew cabin) once per year.

If I were looking for a job with a cruise line, this would be the one I'd personally go to. Crystal Cruises is another excellant company for staff.