Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2001, 10:49 AM
Mary Ellen Malone

Default Cost of Drinks

Was wondering if anyone can tell me if the price of the drinks have gone up on the ships. I have seen that the cost of the the drink coupons have gone up from 4 for $15 to 4 for $19.75, and that would mean that you would most likely be paying about $4.90 instead of the $3.75 in the past. If the drinks have not gone up do not see the reason for buying the coupons except for the convenience. But i am looking to save money, I am sailing on May 6 on the Destiny, and want to start purchasing these coupons as I have in the past if it is still worth it.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2001, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Cost of Drinks

I will be cruising for the first time in March. I keep reading about these drink coupons on line, but have never heard of them before. Where do you get them and are they worth it?
Old January 1st, 2001, 02:59 PM
MikeM

A bucket of beer is $11.50 plus gratuity totals $13.23 averages out to $ 3.31 per beer, if you buy a single can of beer it totals $ 3.74 with gratuity added. example Bud is now 3.25, Corona 3.75, White Zin 4.50
all scotches & bourbons that were 3.50 now are 3.95.
All of the frozen exotic drinks, Daiquiri's, BBC, blended Margaritas, Mudslides, Miami Vice, Pina Coladas etc. are now $ 4.75 plus gratuity making the drink $ 5.46.

Drink coupons can only be purchased ahead of your cruise at carnival gift services.
try the following ...
http://gifts.carnival.com/BVCatalog....1&MBRID=452216
Old January 3rd, 2001, 11:07 PM
tcmitssr

I am REALLY confused, are the coupons a good deal if you buy fancy drinks without the fancy glasses like a daquerie?
Old January 7th, 2001, 05:10 PM
layla

what about drink cards? i have heard of them. are they worth it? or should we use coupons? is it good for like coke? or jus alcholic stuff? i am confused 2! hehe
Old January 16th, 2001, 02:36 PM
First Mate

So do you suggest buying drink coupons? Are there daily specials? There are four of us and well...we're pretty big drinkers and that is what we're worried about as far as cash goes. Did you BYOB? What about bringning your own pop (or soda depending where you are from) to mix hard stuff with? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old January 18th, 2001, 03:35 PM
micshell

buy pop, beer, or whatever cans are best - other than that use plastic bottles - put them in your checked luggage - not carry on and lock your luck - it is best to use those tie wrap, strong plastic thingies (those use them to organize electrical cords) make sure that you bring scissors in a carry on bag to cut open your luggage.