Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Igus

Default Holiday 2/5 - low-key cruising realistic?

Thanks for taking the time to read this ...

I'm sailing by myself 2/5 on the 4 day Baja trip via the Holiday.

I haven't sailed in years, and this is a present for me to me after a long, arduous work assignment.

Being casual is important to me this trip. I don't plan on investigating the night life too much, and I really dread the prospect of dress clothes. Formal night will definitely be avoided. Is room service worth it?

What I would like to do, is take all my clothing in a carry on, a few shirts, shorts, couple pair of pants ... and just exist that way. Realistic? I am talking polo type shirts, by the way, maybe some sweatshirts.

I know some cruises are designated for elegance, but this particular one seems to have a reputation for a casual air. My question is really, what can I get away with informality-wise?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Holiday 2/5 - low-key cruising realistic?

Just returned from the Holiday. Room service is strictly sandwiches, salads etc. However, you can dine in the evening in the alternative dining area on the Lido deck. We checked it out and they have a nice selection of entrees. Also, other than on Tuesday night (formal night), the attire is listed as casually elegant...ie: dockers and polo shirts would be ok (stretching the requirements...but still OK). The selection in the dining room is much greater than on LIDO deck. Other than your clothes for dinner, shorts/sweats/etc are absolutely fine. Bon Voyage!
Old January 12th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Nick

Default RE: Holiday 2/5 - low-key cruising realistic?

Igus, I'm a CruiseOne agent who, like yourself, just want to relax when I get on the ship. The Holiday is one of Carnival's older ship. You find her to be laid back. On the nights that are formal, I will eat at the buffet in the Wharf Bar and Grill. The food is not as good as in the main dining, but it is good for a buffet. Room service has a limited menu which isn't bad. I don't think you should have any trouble with your choice of dress, it sound reasonable.

If you have any questions email me
Nick