Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default which ship to pick?

My boyfriend and I are thinking about going on our first vacation on a carnival cruise line. We are 25 and 27 years old. Our main objective is that we find a ship that is more suitable for our age group. Does any one have any preferences.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: which ship to pick?

Hi Tracy,
Actually any Carnival ship would be perfect for your age group, as well as Royal Caribbean. Do you have any idea where exactly you both want to cruise? Once you can decide where, then you can look for the different ships that will suit you.
If you are into water sports, there is a bit more in the western caribbean, while the eastern has more shopping. Here is also a link to the section for first time cruisers. There is a lot of great tips and information that will help:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

I have a feeling both you and your boyfriend will really take to cruiseing, its a great vacation value, happy sailing!

Donnassei
Old January 29th, 2001, 08:45 PM
First Mate

My girlfriend and I went on Paradise last year. It was WONDERFUL. Of course it is no smoking, so if you smoke it is not a good choice. We are planning to go on Victory this year! Good luck, they are all great!
Old January 29th, 2001, 09:32 PM
First Mate

My first cruise was in 1983, I was just 24. My roomate and I chose Carnival cruise line because it was more of a first-time cruisers line. I believe the same is true today. I have now been on 9 Canival cruises. I am taking my tenth Carnival cruise for my 42nd birthday. We will be sailing on the Victory the week of Feb. 11. Very excited. Once you start cruising you will be hooked. Excited for you. Go with Carnival. Gary
Old January 30th, 2001, 12:02 AM
Angelo

Tracy,

Like Donna says, chose your destination first. My girlfriend and I have gone on the Mexican Riviera (Elation) in June '99 and the Paradise (NO Smoking!) for the Western Caribbean Cruise last May. we enoy both our cruises very much and just recently booked our next cruise for October 20 on the new Spirit. If you're a non-smoker, go on the Western Caribbean Crusie, YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!
Old February 1st, 2001, 09:31 PM
First Mate

If this is your first cruise vacation, FORGET Carnival and go Royal Caribbean...Same age group and the ships with Royal are a 100 times better. Royal Caribbean has the largest cruise ships in the world. Onboard the Explorer and the Voyager you'll find: Rock Climbing wall, In-line skating track, 9 hold mini-golf course, Ice Skating rink...etc The list goes on! Carnival does not have any of these amenities. The service is also a 100 times better on Royal, having cruised both lines, I'll never go back to Carnival after experiencing Royal Caribbean. Two words to describe Carnival...Flashy Trash. Oh, the drink prices are a lot cheaper on Royal as well. Royal also does not have a stupid liquor policy. Royal allows you to bring bottles of liquor back to your cabin if you purchase them onboard or in port. Carnival takes them from you and gives them back at the end of the week, forcing you to drink there high priced liquor.
Old February 3rd, 2001, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Go with Carnival. This would be a perfect cruise for first timers. They are the largest and most successful cruise line in the world. They specialize in cruises for the young at heart with plenty of music and passenger participation activitites. They are known to be a party ship so you wont get board. Other lines are more laid back. I really enjoyed the ship, the people, the service and much more! I cannot wait till my next cruise in June on Carnival. The ship you pick may well depend on the destination you pick. I will let you that Carnival has some older ships out there and I would not recommend them as you will love the newer ships better. You may have to ask your TA the year the ship entered service to get a idea. Good Luck!