Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Sneaking alcohol on board

Is it at all possible to sneak a bottle of booze on board with you luggage such as a fifth of rum, vodka, or tequila. If so how does one do so. I guess carry on is out of the question, but what abouty in your main kuggage?
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2001, 12:01 PM
unknown

Default Re: Sneaking alcohol on board

Just put it in the luggage that your planning to check. They don't search it, but do xray your carry on when you first enter. If you are underage you wont have a problem having other people buy you drinks, its just really expensive. Have a good time........
Old February 9th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Malissa

You can sneak alcohol on board by putting it in your luggage (not carry-on). But your most likely gonna have a better chance if your ship stops in Mexico or Jamaica. In that case just buy a bottle and put in your pocket. They don't search you when you get on, but they do x-ray your bags.
Old February 11th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been on both Carnival & Celebrity Cruises. When you went to different ports, Carnival checked your bags when you re-entered the boat & held onto any alcohol until the last night of you cruise, however Celebrity let you bring the alcohol on board which was cool.
Old February 12th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Louis

We were aboard the Fascination at the end of January and at each port of call, I bought a bottle of rum and when we came back to the ship my bottle was either in my beach or a plastic bag and was always asked to put my bag through the x-ray machine and then went strait up to my room,no question asked. Even one day my friend bought a bottle of Grand Marinier and when he stop to register his bottle after the x-ray machine, the officer told him that he could go up with the bottle. On my previous cruise with CCL they were more severe.