Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default New Adult Carnival Soft Drink Card

Adults who don't drink can save a bundle off the cost of soft drinks when cruising aboard Carnival Cruise Line ships. The adult "Fountain Fun Card" is similar to the program available for children. Purchase the card when you check in and it can be used at any bar, lounge or restaurant for unlimited soft drinks. The per person cost of the card ranges from $14.95 for three day cruises to $29.95 for seven day voyages. The adult and children's soft drink card is available on all 15 ships in the Carnival fleet.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2001, 04:05 PM
BillG

Default Re: New Adult Carnival Soft Drink Card

A great idea and I hope other lines follow their lead. I know that I can get free soft drinks on RCI in the dining room at mealtimes, but there are other times when I don't feel like an alcoholic drink. In the hot Caribbean climes I could probably still drink enough soda to make such a card worthwhile.
Old February 8th, 2001, 10:52 PM
Mary Ellen Malone

question about the drink card. Does anyone know how much a soft drink costs. Want to figure out if it will pay to purchase one, and is it transferable if there are two adults cruising together.
Old February 9th, 2001, 09:34 AM
BillG

I believe that softdrinks are about $2 each, so three drinks a day should cover the cost. Cards are probably not transferable and doing so would seem to be trying to take advantage of a good gesture by Carnival.
Old February 9th, 2001, 03:26 PM
jbeek

I had an adult soda card on Elation January 7th.
The card has your name on it and the sodas are just supposed to be for you. The price of the card includes the normal tip of 15% so tips are taken care of (On my sail and sign it showed up as $26.04 + $3.91 gratuity or something like that). They give you a small glass of soda rather than the bottle, so it's not what they normally sell for $2.50, I believe it usually costs 75 cents or $1 (plus tip) if you order a small glass of soda. Meaning that you'd have to drink four to five sodas a day to make it worth it. I easily did that - my assistant waiter in the dining room had two waiting for me at dinner every night after I asked for two the first night.
I would have spent less that $30 if I brought all my own sodas though and just ordered a bottle of soda in the dining room at dinner - I ended up using some but not all of the 12 pack of soda cans I did bring anyway because I chose the kind I brought and I like it better than what they had on board. I bought fewer alcoholic drinks that I otherwise would have (like when sitting at the piano bar and a waitress comes around for a drink order) so in the end my drink tab was lower because of it.

On customer service issues - The card was easy to buy - they had it available at several bars and they had a sign up saying they had it. I lost the card and the pursers desk looked up my name and gave me a replacement which was a good thing - I could see them not doing that if they thought someone else might be using my card but they were nice about it. One bartender wouldn't accept it on debarkation morning when she was taking cash for drinks, I thought that was not nice.

Have fun.
jef
who normally brings his own Pepsi One to work to avoid paying 65 cents a can in the vending machine.
Old February 21st, 2001, 10:11 AM
First Mate

Imagination 2/10/01
No one could help me get a fountain card on board, for my mom.
The only problem I had on a fantastic cruise.