Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2001, 07:37 AM
Whipper

Default Time for Spring Break

Can someone tell me when Spring Break is? We are planning a cruise at the end of April and I was wondering if the ship will be full of college students? Is Spring Break finished by then?
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2001, 08:32 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Time for Spring Break

Your safe from college kids, Spring breaks start at the end of Feb. and end the first week in April, on average. Either way, they all have to be over 21 to go on the cruise, so it won't be as crazy as some island destinations. You'll get the more "matured" college student because they've already been through all the crazy drinking.

Steve
Old February 9th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Malissa

Depends on what college you go to. The majority of the colleges are having spring break March 5th - 10th, March 12-17 or March 19-23. You most likely won't run into any of the college spring breakers but you might run into the high school spring break. That is April 12-20.
Old February 9th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Brittany

Actually, all spring breaks are at different times. MY spring break is March 10-16 or that week anyways. My travel agent said this WAS a bad time to go because of crazy drunk college kids. I am guessing that Steve was right about end of Feb. to beginning of April and even high school spring break wouldn't be bad if you got in at that time, they can't drink anyways. Hope this helps!
Old February 10th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Panda

I think you'll miss most of the spring break crowd by the end of April, and yes I believe on all Carnival ships you have to be 21 to drink (I went on RCCL for spring break my senior year in HS, and the drinking age was 18 as we were in international waters, US laws did not apply) but his conmment that they have to be 21 to go is not entirely true. You are supposed to be 21, or travelling with a parent or guardian age 25 or older in the same stateroom. This is the most misleading statement I have heard as it is not at all enforced. All that means is you have to have at lease one Chaperone with you that claims to be staying in the same stateroom, but I will tell you that on both my RCCL cruise and my Carnival cruise I took about 3 years ago, no one that actually stayed in my cabin was any older than 18. Over spring break (March I believe) There were like 20 something of us high school seniors with maybe 3 or 4 chaperones, and all of the chaperones stayed together and we hardly saw them all week. They do not enforce the age rule. The Carnival cruise I took was the first week in May and there were FAR fewer teenagers onboard, but they don't enforce the age rule either. I wouldn't worry too much, but your travel agent should be able to tell you if there are lots of HS and college kids on the ships in late april. Have fun!