Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Noelle

Default balcony info needed...

My husband and I are considering Carnival for a cruise later this year. He wants to be able to lay out in the sun on a lounge chair on our balcony. Does anyone know the square footage of the balconies in both category 8D and category 11? And does either category have lounges on their balconies, instead of just the normal two-chairs-and-a-table?
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: balcony info needed...

Hi Noelle,
Sorry, don't know the exact measurements, but one thing to consider, at least its what we've found on balconies, there is an overhang from the balcony above and you don't always have the sun on there when you may want it. Although you may be lucky and not have that a problem, hope it works out for you. In case, there are usually nice lounge chairs available in more quiet areas of the public decks.
In most cases the balconies are not really large enough for sunbathing, but some of them on the suites definately are.

You may want to check out mytravel and see the cabin:

<http://www.mytravelco.com/>

Donnassei
Old February 20th, 2001, 01:03 AM
First Mate

We stayed in a corner cat 9 cabin on the Victory. The balcony had to be at least 20 feet long. They wrap around so you get a rear view and a side view. It was great. 2 full size lounge chairs and 2 chairs and a small table. We had our group of 12 for drinks, plenty of room. I did a lot of lounging on the balcony. We stayed in 7422. I think there are 6 of these. 2 on deck 6, 7, and 8. It was well worth the extra $. Plus the room was larger than a regular balcony cabin. I have some pictures if you would like to see them. I couldn't attach them they were too large.I will email them to you if you wish. Let me know
Old February 20th, 2001, 08:15 AM
kayla

We are booked in a category 8A cabin but at the back of the ship on the Triumph. Its an L-shaped cabin but the balcony is the size of the balcony in a suite. We spent the extra $ for a balcony and figured that we may as well get as big of a balcony as we can since we'll spend lots of time out there. It something to consider. Check out www.bestweb.net/~travel1/. There are lots of pictures of the different types of cabins on the Victory.
Old February 22nd, 2001, 12:33 PM
KathyH

We also stayed in 7422 on the Victory...Room and balcony were great. there wasn't much sun on the way down to the islands, but on the way back there was plenty. We used the balcony quite a bit, and you feel away from everythjng due to the length of it. It was great, would book that cabin and ship again in a heartbeat

Kathy
Old February 23rd, 2001, 12:56 PM
Admiral

The ships don't have lounge chairs -- just two regular deck chairs. The balcony isn't big enough for having a lounge chair.
Old February 24th, 2001, 05:30 PM
First Mate

The rear corner balcony cabins definetly have full size lounge chairs. Unless I was sitting on a mirage.