Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2001, 01:40 PM
schmitt

Default What to do?

My wife and I will be on Victory March 25, 2001. Never been cruising and don't know what to expect. Anyone's advice is greatly appreciated. Ship will stop at St. Thomas, San Juan (night) and St. Croix. Thanks!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Brock13

Default Re: What to do?

I will be about three weeks behind you, leave April 14, on the Destiny. I also took the Destiny last year to the stops you listed. To be honest it depends on what you like, my familly and I did alot of snorkeling and sunbathing. If thats what you like, take the ferry to St. Johns while in St. Thomas, beautiful beaches with alot of places to snorkel. We did the Atlantis submarine trip, it was something to see once, but i dont think for the money i would do it again. Shopping in St. Thomas is good. We were only in San Juan for 6 hours i think, we got a cab ride through the city that was great, my kids still laugh about the cabs driving down these old one lane cobble stone streets, amazed that we didn't hit anybody. We went to the fort but it was closed. We mostly walked around in the old city. Not much help for you in St. Croix, we went to a beach and it wasn't really that nice, so I wouldn't reccomend it. Im sure there are many other good beaches though. Have a great time.
Old February 25th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Schmitt,
Have to agree with Brock13, definately plan on taking the Ferry over to St. Johns for some great beaches and snorkeling, worth the time and effort getting there.
Bet you will all have a great time. The island of St. Johns is truly what I call paradise:-)

Donnassei
Old February 26th, 2001, 01:45 PM
vic2001

Hi Schmitt,
My family will be on board with you!! In San Juan, we will probably go to one of our favorite restaurants for margaritas. I think the best thing to do in St. Croix is Buck Island and we are definitely heading to St. John's from St. Thomas. Only 26 days to go!!
Old February 27th, 2001, 02:59 PM
First Mate

We are going in May to the same destinations. How do you get to Buck Island while you are in St. Croix? And how long does it take to get there?
Thanks
Debbie
Old February 27th, 2001, 07:23 PM
vic2001

Debbie,
I asked Carnival to fax me the shore excursions and according to what I received, they offer a trip to Buck island which lasts 4 1/2 hours and costs $69.00. There are companies on St. Croix which offer daytrips, but I am not sure of the price or how to make a reservation. We will probably go with the Carnival excursion.