Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Fascination - March 24

Anyone who is going to be on Carnival's Fascination sailing March 24 out of San Juan drop me an email at slider9499@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2001, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Carnival Fascination - March 24

Hi Ben,
Try posting in the "meet on board" here at Cruisemates for finding other cruisers:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

Here is also a members review of "Fascination", hope you enjoy it.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_carnival/fascination3.html>

Donnassei
Old February 28th, 2001, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Hi Ben,
Just booked last night for this trip. My partner and I usually use Holland American but we wanted a different itinerary. Anything you might know about the ship or destinations would be welcome. We have never done Carnival before. Have you?

Marsha
Old March 4th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Yeoman

My husband and I went on the Fascination Southern Caribbean cruise in January. It was great, you will see lots of ports.
We did the following excursions:
St. Thomas USVI (went shopping but we were there on a legal holiday so much was closed)

St. Maarten (went on the Golden Eagle catamaran trip and loved it) you sail on the catamarn to a private beach and then are given the opportunity to go snorkeling. Don't go if you get easily sea-sick. Open bar included in the price.

Dominica (we did the Pool and Falls tour) it was very beautiful and lasted longer then the flyer said it would. Don't try to do anything on your own, the island isn't overly safe if you are not in a guided tour checked out by the ship. There is also lots of walking/hiking on wet, slippery terrain to get to the waterfalls and pools.

Martinique we went shopping downtown. We took a cab on our own and then walked back. Make sure you have small bills. Most shops take US dollars but will give change in French francs.

Barbados we went on the Malibu Rum Factory tour which was neat. They give you the tour and you get a free drink and then you can use their private beach for the morning. In the afternoon we went on the Jolly Roger pirate ship cruise. It was fun, but was definately for the 20 something crowd. They have all the rum punch you can drink for free (included in the price) and it is VERY strong punch.

Hope this helps. Make sure that you go to the welcome aboard talks/briefings. They go through the book of excursions that you will find in your cabin and tell you which ones are good and which ones are rip-offs.
Old March 20th, 2001, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, me again

you say you went on the Jolly Roger. What was the cost for this tour and the otehr poll/falls tour you mentioned?

Thanks,

Ben