Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2001, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Drink Coupons

I am wondering about the drink coupons that a few people have referred to. How does it work and is it really a savings? Also on the Carnival website the liquor policy states you can bring as much wine and champagne on board as long as you drink it in your cabin or pay 10.00 to have it opened at dinner. Is this also true or will there be a hassle to bring it on board? My travel agent knew nothing about it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2001, 11:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Drink Coupons

My wife is a TA and Carnival told her the drink coupons can be purchased on board for Cokes, bottled water, etc. I wanting to say that I thought someone had said they were $25.00 but I am unsure of that.

Per Carnival's brochure, alcoholic beverages are prohibited from being brought on board the ship for consumption. If purchased in port or at the gift shop it will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. If you will be celebrating a special occasion, fine wine or champaigne can be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10. corking fee is charged should you wish to consume it in the dining room.

Your travel agent doesnt sound like a very good one as this information is clearly stated in Carnival's brochures. As my wife it is the duty of the TA to clearly understand the different requirements/proceedures of the cruise lines.
Old March 4th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Mary Ellen Malone

Drink coupons that are used for soft drinks are new and can be purchased from what i heard on the ship for I think I read 30.00 for adults, if you are talking about the drinks for alcoholic drinks they must be purchased at least two weeks prior to your trip through calling carnival or on their web site and are 19.50 for 4 drinks. Hope this helps
Old March 4th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Admiral

I just found out about drink coupons but I don't know for sure what they cost o how many drinks you get. I just drink sodas so this would be helpful for me.I am taking my first cruise on April 29 2001. Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thanks, Bill
Old March 4th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Janet

Carnival now offers "Soda Cards" for adults at $29.95 for a 7 day cruise. This covers unlimited soda for one person, including gratuity.

The drink coupons are for mixed drinks; last October the cost was $15 for 4 coupons. They were delivered to us at dinner on the first night of the cruise.

The coupon states that it is valid for a mixed drink up to $3.75, which would not include frozen drinks. However, we used them all week on frozen drinks without any problems. The coupons do include the gratuity.
Old March 4th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Paradise in October 1999 and drinks cost $3.50-$4.50 depending on what you order (call, well, etc). Personally I would pass on the drink coupons. Sving .50 - .75 cents per drink after paying what we all paid for the cruise, airfare, etc. seems a bit petty. Go on your cruise, spend some cash, tip your bartenders the right way and take care of them. They in turn will take care of you. I danced 6 of the 7 nights I was on board. I must of had on average of 3-4 drinks per night. So, 4 x 7 = 28 x $4.00 = $112.00. In my opinion, as a 39 yr old guy who has been in the bar, music business for 20 years - This ain't no big deal people.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ben
Old March 5th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Thanks to everyone who responded about the drink coupons. It does seem they are not a very big savings and not worth the hassle. My husband and I are sailing on the Victory and are looking forward to a great time. Thanks for all the information.
Old March 7th, 2001, 10:46 PM
Yeoman

The drink coupons are great for when your in the shows and you don't have to fumble for your sign and sail card and then sign the tab.You do have to order them in advance likethe other message said.
Old March 8th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Thanks to everyone for the emails about drink coupons. I learned a lot.