Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2001, 10:55 AM
First Mate

Default Cruise line choosing flight times or not?

I'd like to know what your experience has been when you've allowed Carnival to choose your flight times. Do they normally have you getting to the ship near boarding time or closer to departure?

I know it's only $35 to choose your own times but that starts to add up when you multiply it by the number of people in your party.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2001, 04:31 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cruise line choosing flight times or not?

Hi
I let Carnival take care of my air in April of 99leaving from Prov. RI to Miami our first flight was at 6:55 am to Pittsburgh then our next flight was at 9:10am to Miami we were checked in and in our rooms by 1:00pm. I'm doing the Destiny May 13, 2001 don't have my flight info on that yet.I also heard if they arrange your flight and there are delays because of weather or the airlines they will wait for you to get on the boat if your late just ask them directly you can go on carnival.com and e-mail them of call the 800 # or ask your TA

Hope this helps Cheryl@ mickeymouse1205@yahoo.com
Old March 13th, 2001, 08:04 AM
alesia

WHY don't you just arrange your own flights? You will save $$$ AND get to pick your own flights.
Old March 13th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Robocop

Not always Alesia. In many cases you may well save money by booking on your own but make sure you figure in the transfers from the airport to the port as well as any other costs you think you may have. Additionally, if your flight is a little late or delayed then the ship 'may' wait for a bit to ensure you make the sailing. If you do your own air you are on your own, period. That all said, I encourage you to check costs for both ways and to avoid missing your ship I highly suggest you arrive a day early if there is any way possible to do so. This is especially true in the winter months with so many weather related delays from our northern states.
Jim
Old March 18th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Mat

I agree with jim, if you book with them they know were you are and will wait also it's not always cheaper