Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2001, 01:46 AM
Kurt R

Default Older passengers on Carnival?

I'm taking my parents (both 65+) on their first cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary. We're considering the Carnival Spirit, Alaska Inside Passage the end of September in a category 11 suite. I've read so much about all the cruise lines that now I'm just confused. Any advice about whether this would be a good choice for a fairly quiet, older couple? They are very informal, but it looks like the "formal evenings" are not as important as they used to be on cruises. Help! This would be a very expensive mistake if I'm on the wrong track! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2001, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Older passengers on Carnival?

in Sept. you should not have many children on cruise. Normaly Alaska cruises doesn't have alot of children on it anyway.A suit for a man on formal night is fine and a nice dress or even a pantsuit for women.you don't see many long formals anymore.
Old March 20th, 2001, 07:52 AM
First Mate

I have been on a Princess cruise before and it seemed the average ages of people on board were 65 to 206. All activities and shows were geared to the older crowd. This was a carribbean cruise on the Sun Princess. We were only in our early 30's but seemed out of place. Your parents MAY feel more comfortable on a laid back ship like this. Either way you go, what a nice gift!
Old March 20th, 2001, 12:43 PM
HannaS77

We have cruised since 1972 never having stepped foot on a Carnival ship, primarily because of the number and frequency of personal injury lawsuits but-in 1999, 48 residents of our country club spent seven days on the Elation and we were impressed.So much six months later we took another cruise on the same ship. We are in our seventies. The only annoying thing we noticed were some youngsters thought it was funny to push every button on an elevator and then run out before the door closed. We and other CC friends all enjoyed the cruise despite our ages.

We are still young at heart. On some of our cruises on other ships, the aerage age is senior citizens travelling with their parents. Think that one over.
Old March 20th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

There's all walks of life aboard Carnival ships. Ages 1 to 100.
As for being "fairly quiet" that may not be the case for Carnival.
You can still find a quiet place to relax. I recommend Carnival no matter
what the age of a passenger. Must have a balcony though!!!

Good luck
Old March 21st, 2001, 07:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt

By all means take your folks on Carnival,they will enjoy it. Last September we took the Carnival Victory from New York to Canada and had quite a big of "gray haird's" on the ship,but honestly it was the most enjoyable cruise I have ever been on in a long time...definitely a very mature crowd it was but we still had all age ranges on board...what a delightful cruise it was!
Old March 21st, 2001, 10:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Took my parents of Carnival Triumph for their 45th Anniversary, they had the time of their lives!! (and have cruised 3 times since then, in 18 month, so Iguess we started something!!)
Didn't think they would, but they participated in nearly everything. Even were chosen to go on stage as the "married a long time" couple (with newlywed and 20 yrs couple) during one of the "shows".
Quite something to see my 65 year old father as a "Carnival Chippingdale" during the "Full Monty" skit! (Yes, including the dark shades, boetie and SPANDEX underpants...nothing else!!) And my mother exclaiming "I'll kill him!!"
GO ENJOY!