Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Marla

Default Anyone ever use either of these co.

Good Morning,
It's been awhile since I was on the boards. As I was upset about my cruise being canceled, and the TA that left me to clean up a mess by myself. So I'm looking for a new TA. Has anyone used or heard anything about either of these? Kim's Kruises & Travel (Kim) or The Cruise & Travel Company (John Szeto). Would appreciate any feed back. This will be our 4th cruise with Carnival and gonna try the Spirit this time. Thanks for your help.
Marla
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Anyone ever use either of these co.

I am not familiar with either of those TA's but, my mom and dad own a travel agency. It is called Uniglobe Herndon Sterling Travel. My mom actually has her cruise certification, and has been on plenty of cruises to get that. They are actually taking our family on the Triumph on the Nov 10 sailing. This will be my 5 Carnival cruise. She loves to book crusies and knows pretty much everything about them. If you would like the phone number and her name let me know. They do have an 800 number so it would not be long distance for you. Where are you from anyway?

Thanks,
Pam
Old March 20th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Yeoman

Marla,

I received good service from cruise411.com-and an extra discount as well.
Old March 20th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Marla wrote:
>
. Has
> anyone used or heard anything about either of these? Kim's
> Kruises & Travel (Kim) or The Cruise & Travel Company (John
> Szeto). Would appreciate any feed back. This will be our
> 4th cruise with Carnival and gonna try the Spirit this time.
> Thanks for your help.
> Marla

Marla..
I haven't personally used either of these agents. I can tell you however, that I have been approached by John Szeto, and have been unimpressed with his business tactics, and personally would not use him. Just MHO.
Regards,
Kuki
Old March 20th, 2001, 05:53 PM
RoboCop

I have talked with Kim a few times and as i have yet to use her I can't give her a real recomendations but she did seem knowledgable and plesant and reasonable. I have not booked a cruise with Setzo and never will. He has approached me a number of times and his accuracy concerning cruise matters is often incorrect and he once made the statement that "his generation" has differant morales than others and his sales tactics fit in those bounds, which is basically doing whatever it takes to get you booked with him, including taking bookings from other agents. "I" will not have any dealing with him but the choice is yours.
Jim
Old March 20th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Steve S

Have used this individual and been very satified.
Good knowledge of cruising.

<http://www.skyecruises.com>
Old March 21st, 2001, 06:56 PM
Marla

I want to Thank all of you for your honest responses. I have taken them off my list as I find I have always gotten trustworthy advice on these boards. I am getting a quote from skyecruises. Thanks again
Marla
Old March 22nd, 2001, 12:37 PM
Nick

We just got through doing business with Cruise.com and they saved us alot of money compared to our Travel Agency's price. The girl we had was great and she looked everywhere for a better deal and we only paid $23 more than our TA deal that was with Carnival' Sensation (ocean view room) BUT we got The Destiny with a balcony. She even told us to make our own arrangements for air which saved us even more. We called the American Airlines ticket agent and got the same price that was offered by Travelocity.com. 1-800-303-3337 Extension 223 her name was Mary.
good luck