Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default shore excursions - Mexican Riviera

We are going on the Elation in June - what are the best things to do in port? (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan & Cabo) We definitely want to do some beach time but would also like to "see the sights" while in port. I keep hearing that the tours you book through the ship are kind of a rip-off - is it true you can book the same excursions after you get off the ship for less money? Is that a "safe" thing to do? Let me know what you think. Many thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: shore excursions - Mexican Riviera

I haven't done the Mexican Rivera cruise, but for the shore excursions question. They are a little bit more then you would pay if you arranged it on your own, just like anything you pay for the convience. We paid a little more to have the peace of mind that the ship would not leave without us if our tour was delayed for one reason or another. If you are on a Carnival arranged tour and you are late the ship will wait. If you arrange the tour on your own and you are delayed the ship leaves without you and it is your responsibility/cost to get to the next port.
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Michelle - I hadn't really thought about getting left behind if our "tour" didn't make it back in a timely manner. Definitely something to think about. . .
Old April 20th, 2001, 03:29 AM
Randi

Dear Shirley,
Any independent shore excursion worth his or her salt will not let you miss the ship. How would that look on the boards. I went with----- and missed the boat? Being an independant I can guarentee, at least in Mazatlan, we will make sure you are back in plenty of time and the kicker is that almost all of the excursions booked at the dock are cheaper, by a lot, than on the ship.
Happy Cruising,
Randi