Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2001, 10:32 AM
First Mate

Default Dress Code - Paradise

What is the dress code in the dining rooms other than on the formal nights? Are you allowed to wear jeans & T-shirts?
Also do they have ironing boards in the cabins?
This is my first cruise & I would appreciate it if someone can help me out!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Moondawgie

Default Re: Dress Code - Paradise

Paul, when are you going? T shirts and jeans are good for casual night (2) and in the alternate dining restaurant. There are two formal nights (tux or dark suit) and three semi-formal (nice slacks and shirt/tie and jacket. That is the norm.
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:31 PM
First Mate

They do not let you wear t-shirts but i do believe jeans are ok but most peaple wear slacks. I usually wear a golf shirt and slacks. By the way when are u going on the paradise? We are going 4/1/01
Old March 26th, 2001, 02:00 PM
rekoj

WHAT EVER you do don't be afraid to pull out your brochure and READ what it says. You don't have one you say... You shouldn't be cruising then. NO SHORTS or TSHIRTS during dinner. You will find a wealth of info in that brochure. Try it.
Old March 26th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Paul,
On the "casual" nights most men wear nice shirts and slacks(Dockers). On the "formal" nights men are pretty much expected to wear suits & tie or a tux(you can rent from cruise line). My husband hates to dress up on vacation but I think it looks nice. It won't kill him. When are you going on "Paradise"? I am booked to go Sept. 2nd(Labor Day week). You will love cruising, I've never met anybody who did not. Have fun and Happy Cruising!!!
Old March 26th, 2001, 08:36 PM
RoboCop

Hi Paul, briefly, no and no. Most nights are casual with maybe one semi formal. Slacks and collared shirts are acceptable. Blue jeans and shorts as well as t-shirts are not proper dress. Think of it as going to a very nice resturant. On formal nights a tux or dark suit is the proper attire.
Irons are a fire hazard and onboard ships this is a big concern. They do have irons that are attached to the wall in the laundry rooms with an ironing board. If you want to get rid of wrinkles in your clothing I suggest a travel steamer. They work very well and are less than $10.
Jim
Old March 26th, 2001, 11:17 PM
4tag

FYI re the irons: The laundry room where the irons are located are locked while in port (and a few miles before you reach port). I'm not sure how many laundry facilites there are, but I don't think there are too many. I once waited about an hour for the use of an iron. I've learned my lesson: I plan ahead and send wrinkled clothes out to be ironed. It costs about $1.00 per item. Quite a bargain considering the time saved - and, besides, I AM on vacation!!!!