Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Default Triumph/Camp Carnival

Teenza, We had a wonderful time on the 3/10 Triumph Western cruise. The kids loved Camp Carnival. They were asking every morning at breakfast when they could go! The counselors were very qualified and we felt very comfortable that our children were being well cared for. We took the kids (4 yr old twins) on island excursions with us. But next cruise we'll feel comfortable enough to leave them at Camp while we go ashore. And you know what, they'd rather be there than sight seeing! On at-sea days, we would bring the kids there in the a.m. (so my husband and I could have some "free" time). We would spend lunch and the afternoon with them and then bring them back to Camp Carnival for a couple of hours after dinner. The kids came home with a portfolio filled with drawings, paintings, crafts from their week spent in Camp Carnival. And also a lunchbox, which they love. Camp Carnival has a 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. "slumber party/baby sitting" for the kids ($5.00/hr for the first child, $4:00/hr for the second) However, we never sent the kids to this -- we felt they are too young. We absolutely loved the ship. A little overwhelming at first -- it's sooo big! Every single member of the crew that we encountered was friendly, helpful and personable. The only thing I would change for our next cruise would be getting an outside/balcony cabin. The inside cabin we had was fine, don't get me wrong. Great closet space, good size bathroom and the sleeping accommodations were fine. But I missed the sunshine in the morning. My husband and I would trade off nights staying in with the kids and letting the other go out (we were travelling with about 12 people). It would have been soooo nice on the nights that I stayed in to sit out on the balcony after the kids had gone to sleep. All-in-all a wonderful cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2001, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Triumph/Camp Carnival

Marybeth,

I enjoyed your post. It makes me feel comfortable about taking my kids on the cruise we have booked on the Victory - 3/24/02. They will be ages 9 & 5. I have been giving them as much information on Camp Carnival that I can find. They are both excited and can hardly wait. I have a feeling they will want to ditch their parents as much as they can to go to Camp Carnival. That's not a bad thing, right?

I agree with you on the balcony cabin. We have one booked and it will be nice to sit out there at night after the kids go to bed.

Dawn
Old April 6th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Triumph/Camp Carnival

Dawn, How was your cruise??