Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2001, 05:18 PM
cruise girl

Default EXCURSION HELP (please)

hi i am crusing to the southern carribean and would like some names/numbers or web adresses where i can conatact someone about setting up shore excursions without having to go through it on the ship. so please if you know of any 1 i can contact let me know. (we are sailing to st maarten,st thomas, martinique, barbados,and dominica) thanks u so much
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 05:44 PM
RoboCop

Default Re: EXCURSION HELP (please)

Try portpromotions.com There are some listed here on the site under links as well.
Jim
Old April 6th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: EXCURSION HELP (please)

Are you going on the Fascination?

We went on that cruise in January.

Everywhere except Dominica you should be fine setting up your own excursions. In Dominica I would pay a little extra for the added safety that the ship excursion will provide. This island is very poor. There is a large crowd of people who greet the ship looking for people to take on tours (it is very intimidating and possibly dangerous).

This is what we did at the rest of the ports if you want to look for their web-sites.
St. Thomas: Went shopping, taxi downtown is a couple bucks. It is a walkable distance, we walked back to the ship. Coral World is great too. I know they have a web-site.
St. Maarten: Golden Eagle Catamaran. I know they have a web-site too. Great fun!!!
Dominica: Pools and Falls tour arranged thru Carnival, very reasonably priced for the length of the tour.
Martinique: Shopping downtown. Walkable distance. Cabs are expensive there.
Barbados: Malibu Rum Factory tour and Jolly Roger party cruise. Both lots of fun, but Jolly Roger isn't really appropriate for kids (STRONG rum punch is included in the the price).