Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default Upgrades

Sailing on the Destiny on May 6th, and see that the boat is not full. Was wondering what the chances are of getting an upgrade when you already are assigned a cabin number if this is the case. And if you can get one, does anyone know when you would find out about it. Can you find out at the time you pick up your documents from your ta or when you actually get to the boat. Any help would be apprecated. We do have a balcony on the Veranda deck if I am not mistaken but would love one on the Lido deck or even an upgrade to a category 9A
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2001, 02:33 PM
alesia

Default Re: Upgrades

Slim and none, but dreaming if free
Old April 2nd, 2001, 03:07 PM
RoboCop

Mary Ellen,
Unless you booked a "run of the ship" or "guarenteed cat" then you should not be upgraded. If you book a specific cabin that is the cabin you will get unless there is a problem with that cabin and the line will let you know well in advance.
Jim
Old April 2nd, 2001, 09:40 PM
Mary Ellen Malone

That is what I thought, but was hoping that maybe with the ship not full, I might have gotten one. Took the category I would be happy with since the one I actually wanted was told was sold out in Oct. but now is showing as available. Not too happy about that one since it cost me almost $100 more for the cruise
Old April 2nd, 2001, 10:52 PM
First Mate

Its possible that a booking was cancelled or the group dept released some cabins due to no need for them, therefore the cabin you wanted is now available. You might try contacting your travel agent and seeing if you can change categories w/out penalty. But since its so close to your cruise date its possible the one you got is cheaper than the one you wanted (rates only go up). If that's not possible, you may want to ask if there is a "guarantee" available in the same category your in. If there is, its possible they could put you on a guarantee for a possible better cabin. There shouldnt be a penalty to go from an assigned cabin to a guarantee. But keep in mind that you are "guaranteed" that category or better. Also, if you have a good cabin location you may not want to take a chance of them putting you where they want to. Last of all, some TA's follow their clients bookings and if hte rate does fall for some reason they can request the better rate. It's possible that they could do a promo or sale to book cabins if they are not sold out by sail date. Cruise lines can only make a profit if all the cabins are sold out.