Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2001, 10:23 PM
NB

Default Cool Runnings Party Cruise?

I'm looking for feedback about the Cool Runnings Party Cruise and Dunn's River Falls excursion. Has anyone out there been on it?
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2001, 05:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cool Runnings Party Cruise?

I was not on the Cool Runnings excursion, but it was docked next to us (I was on the San San Super Yacht excursion) at Dunn's River Falls. Everyone seemed to be having a very good time. We all went up the falls at the same time so I know they enjoyed the falls as much as we did. When we all returned back at the ship later that day, the Cool Runnings guests still looked very happy....maybe even happier than they were earlier :-) I'd say the Cool Runnings excursion was a success! I loved the San San too. Our crowd was more sedate, but still pretty happy! Enjoy!
Old April 9th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cool Runnings Party Cruise?

I did the Cool runnings cruise as part of a Victory shore tour in December.
One word - Great!!

You start by boarding a tri-maran (sp) which held about 30 people. On the way out
the waves can be rough, which add's to the fun. The music is playing and everyone is having a great time. Once at Dunn's fall's you leave your bags with a guide and take about 45 min to climb the fall's. This was my second time climbing the fall's and this time was much better. Don't know why?

After the climb you head back to the beach and tip everyone in creation for your experience. The ride home on the boat was much better than the climb.
They offer you free rum punch & red stripe beer. The waves on the way back (as we are now going into them) were so high, that the bow of the boat would rise up on the crest and then slam down and water would run all over the boat. Nobody was dry. The music was loud, punch was flowing and the crew guides were dancing on the bow, one even fell in the water. I am sure the waves are not like that all the time, but they were huge, which added to the fun.

All & all a great way to spend the day and see the fall's at the same time.

Bill