Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2001, 01:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Do the ships supply irons in the rooms?

I was wondering if I need to bring my own iron or do they supply them in the rooms? Thanks! Also wondering if cameras and camcorders are safe in the cabin?
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Tamera

Default Re: Do the ships supply irons in the rooms?

The ship does have a ironing room on each deck, but does not supply an iron in each room. I opted to purchase a travel iron and take it with me. Best idea. No waiting to use the iron. Invest in the travel iron, its worth it.
Old May 11th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Robocop

Darline,
Carnival provides irons in the laundry rooms. They are permanantly attached to the wall. Irons in cabins are a fire hazard and a very large no-no on a ship.
Jim
Old May 11th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Darlene,
So far in all the cruises we have taken, our camera etc. has always been fine left in the cabin. We also put money/travelers checks, passports, etc in the safe while cruising too, no need to worry there either.

Something you may want to try while packing, use the plastic dry cleaner bags over all the dresses and suits, sure saves on wrinkles, haven't had to iron anything yet, give it a try, it does work :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 11th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi

I am going on Victory on 5/28 (are we excited yet????????) and was researching this question myself:

I emailed Carnival and was told that no Carnival ships provide irons in their cabins. Suggest you pick up a small travel iron, should only be a few $.

As for the safety of personal belongings in the cabins...who can say. Personally, we have done 6 cruises, and left all kinds of things, cameras, jewlery etc around of cabins, and have never had a problem.

Go enjoy!
Rita
:o)
Old May 27th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Lisa L.

Thank you for this smart suggestion! I am leaving right now to
buy one for our end of June trip!

L-