Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2001, 09:05 PM
First Mate

Default Fantasy Sailing 05/06

I read many reviews before going on this ship--positive as well as negative so I felt it was my turn to help the "new cruisers" out. Let me tell you, this ship was great!!!! I did not know what to expect because some of the review bashed this ship to death. Being a first time cruiser, I am sure that I am not used to seeing all the other lines, however, no matter where I am, as long as I am with family, I will have the time of my life. The ship is older, but very, very clean. The staff is very helpful, except for some of the servers in the dining room (which was a let down). The food was great. You never go hungry. Everywhere you turn, there is a buffet, pizzeria or snack. Our room steward was very attentive even though we only saw her a few times. She always gave us what we needed and was very attentive to the needs of our little one. Two nights, she made us a swan and a heart out of a towel. The shows were very entertaining, and the shops had reasonable deals. The first night the waves were strong, and you could feel the ship moving, but the rest of the time it was smooth sailing. (Make sure you bring Bonine with you--It's less drowsy than dramamine). Overall, this vacation was a great value and we enjoyed our selves. We will definitely cruise with carnival again.
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2001, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Fantasy Sailing 05/06

Hi David
Its was good to start out cruising on a 4-day cruise. Looks like you are
hooked!!!
The Fantasy class ships are nice but next time try a Destiny class ship.
Will have more balcony choices and more eating choices.
The towel animals are always enjoyed by myself & husband. On one cruise
he stuffed a shirt with towels and even stuffed slacks to make a "complete"
person sitting in our cabin. Only had that happen on one out of 11 cruises.
Happy future cruising with Carnival
Pat
Old May 31st, 2001, 05:44 PM
Brad Jones

Can someone help me out with insight to the size and location in reference to other activites on the ship for the Demi-Suite. How large is the room? How large is the balcony? Is there a refrigerator included? Smell of smoke? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Brad
Old June 1st, 2001, 09:06 AM
First Mate

Brad,

I don't know if you are a "refined" cruiser,(which I am not) but just keep in mind one thing: You are cruising no matter what. You will have fun!!!! The Fantasy is an older ship, but in my opinion, it is kept up very well. Thousands of people travel on that vessel weekly. We met a couple in a demi suite in our sailing and they said it was spacious, but you could tell it was an older room. For example, wear and tear on sheets, etc. I think you will have a wonderful time no matter what. Bon voyage and enjoy!!!!!
Old June 1st, 2001, 09:08 AM
First Mate

Pat,

Hi. We loved our experience and are actually looking at sailing on a spirit class ship. In particular, the Pride which comes out next year. We are also interested in the Triumph. And your right, we are very hooked on cruising and feel that it is the only vacation we will invest in from now on.

Thanks,

David