Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2001, 10:30 AM
CJay

Default What time does ship dock back in PR

Does anyone who've cruised Destiny out of San Juan, remember approximately what time the ship docked on the return. A group of us will be sailing on the Destiny on 8/19, but unfortunately one couple would up with a very early flight home (8:00am). We need to know if the ship docks early enought so that they will have time to get off, get a cab and make it to the airport to make their flight. Also, what's the story with luggage, will they be able to carry their bags off the ship or do they have to have the porters take them off. Obviously not having to wait for their bags will save them quite a bit of time. Any comments or suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: What time does ship dock back in PR

It would be almost IMPOSSIBLE to make an 8 AM from any port. The ship would likely not even be cleared by that time, and then there's travel time to the airport, airline check in etc. Your friends BEST change their flight time, or they're likely to be stuck in San Juan dealing with missed flights at the airport.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 17th, 2001, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi CJ,
I have to agree with Kuki, thats way too early to have a flight out of San Juan, you may be docked, but certainly it takes customs some time. I'd have your friends go ahead and change their flight time for a few hours later. I would think anytime after 11AM would be safe.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 18th, 2001, 01:25 AM
Passenger

We are going to PR in June on the Destiny and our tickets say not to plan your flight home until at least 1:00 p.m. You must save time for baggage checking and customs. That does take time. There is no way they will be able to make a plane at 8:00 a.m. The ship doesn't pull into dock until 7:00 a.m. Then they will also have customs at the airport.
Old May 19th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Admiral

We just returned from Puerto Rico last Monday. The ship docked about 7AM and that we heard of, the earliest flight to be caught was 11:30. My husband and I were some of the first ones off the ship and that was about 9:30. We opted for a tour and that enabled us to get off sooner. Our flight didn't leave until 4:30 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:23 PM
Mary Ellen Malone

Was on the Destiny on May 6th we docked early around 6 a.m. if I am not mistaking, cleared customs aournd 7;30. Those with early flights before 1 p.m. were given VIP tags and were the first off the ship. Not before 8 though. Think we were off and on the bus to the airport around 8:30 at the airport by 8:45 and we had a 12:45 flight, we actually could have waited longer to get off the boat instead of sitting in the airport. Some from the cruise who were on our flight must have done that as they arrived much later than us.

For certain airlines, we checked in on the boat at 6:15 and were given luggage tags so that all we had to do at the airport was get boarding passes. But the luggage tags were placed on the luggage by those at the dock before being placed on the truck for transporting to the airport. We had purchased the transfers from carnival so it made our life simple.

I would suggest they change their flights as well since they did not let us off the ship until at least 8:15