Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2001, 01:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default kids at Formal night?

Just wondering if the kids are present at the formal night? If so, I better go get my girls (ages 4 &12) formal dresses.
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: kids at Formal night?

Darlene wrote:
>
> Just wondering if the kids are present at the formal night?
> If so, I better go get my girls (ages 4 &12) formal dresses.

U have no problem taking your kids to formal night dinner. As for having to buy the girls formal dresses... It's not likely, at their ages, that they'd get much use out of these, so I wouldn't spend the extra money. Have them dress nicely, rather than kids normal clothing of jeans and a T-shirt, but no need to spend extra $$ in my opinion.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise.. here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 29th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Admiral

I agree formal dresses would be a waste of money. Sailed on Carnival with 12 and 16 year daughters and just had them wear dressy party dresses (long or short) for formal night. If they go to church one of these dresses would be fine. You might even find something at Ross or Marshall type stores, since graduation time is fast approaching for grade school and middle school and lots of cute stuff in stores.
Old June 7th, 2001, 11:13 AM
First Mate

We cruise once or twice a year. (This year we sailed on Triumph over Easter, and are going on Sensation in July.) We do put our sons (12 & 14) into dark suits and our daughter (9) into dress-up. It's nice to get a really good family picture together -- I make the family go to several photo stations on formal nights, and usually one or two of the 8 X 10 ($19.95) pictures come out great. I get my daughter's "formal" dresses after Christmas/N.Years, after Easter sales, at bridal shop sales, etc. She loves dressing up, and the attention she gets from crew & passengers. My sons generally drop out of the suits right after dinner, when the teens gather again. I noticed that more of the teenage girls stayed in dresses. The dress-code is all over the place. They won't feel out-of-place in nice dresses. Carnival doesn't have that many gowns, but there are always a few -- looks like prom dresses get recycled. Have fun!