Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2001, 08:16 PM
niftynickel

Default June 11, Victory, weather,what to pack?

We are a family of 5 and off to Canada on the 11th of June. Is it going to be cold or what??? I don't want to over pack as we are all in one room. We figure youarn't in the room that much any way in a cruise. This our fourth cruise and the kids second. Any help would be appreciated. the kids are 7, 14,17. See all of on the Victory.
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2001, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: June 11, Victory, weather,what to pack?

Hi Niftynickel,
I managed to find an article "Kuki" from Cruisemates wrote about packing for an Alaska cruise, sure you will find it very informative, enjoy it, hope it will help:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/portsofcall/alaska/Packing.cfm>

Looks like you'll be packing shortly, have a great Victory cruise.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 1st, 2001, 06:07 PM
D Williams

I took this cruise last June 10. Too chilly to lounge on the deck, except while in port and the sun shining. Had 2 days at sea, one going and one return and we had to stay inside the ship because we didn't pack coats. Wouldn't have been comfortable in anything less. St John was pleasant in the high 60s, Halifax about the same, a little warmer due to more sun. We had a couple of days of rain.
Pack jackets - more on the heavy side if you want to visit the deck while the ship is moving. In port you may want to layer up to a lighter jacket. Have fun!!
Old June 2nd, 2001, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

HI NIFTYNICKEL

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU AND THE KIDS ENJOYED THIS CRUISE.

WE'RE GOING ON AUGUST 25 AND MY KIDS ARE 14 AND 16.

THANKS AHEAD . LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THE TOURS ARE GOOD.
Old June 3rd, 2001, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default picture of canada/Victory 4 nifty

Hi, we went on the Vixtory to Canada from May 21st to the 26th and had a ball. It was a 50th b-day gift for my hudsband and my sister and her hudsband came too. The weather couldnt have been better. Most pictures were taken in the very early morn but believe me, there were many swimmers and sunbathers. It was pretty breezy on board but just great. I packed plenty of warm clothes and only wore about half. We wore shorts a lot. We want to go back in the worst way. I love that ship and the crew couldnt have been nicer. I'm trying to send you a picture of the deck and water slide so that you can see that there were many out there. Hope I do it right, but if you get them all, oh well....... have fun, I know you will trisha

Old June 5th, 2001, 06:49 PM
First Mate

Default Victory voyage

Going on the 5 day "Victory" cruise to Eastern Canada on July 9th. Hope to hear how your trip went. Let us know about the dress code on this shorter voyage, if you could. Any shore excursions you may take and report on would be appreciated. We were wondering how much pier top parking is available on a Monday in NY, since most other ships leave on Saturday and Sunday. If you get a chance to spot the parking deck from the ships top deck, that would be appreciated. Bon Voyage.