Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Default Ectasy - too old?

Having been on 3 other cruises, Carnival about 11 years ago, Celebrity 5 years ago and Princess last year, why would we want to cruise on the Ectasy which is 11 years old?

Because it's a great deal and a close and quick getaway. My question is, for any who have just returned from the Ectasy, even though the price can't be beat, is it worth it? Or should we save the money and wait a little longer and go on another ship?

Having been on Celebrity and Princess, we know we are spoiled, and we don't expect the Ectasy or Carnivalf for that matter, to even come close to our experiences on Celebrity and Princess. Going into it with that attitude, it shouldn't be that bad..should it?

We are planning on the Mexico 4 day this Fall..any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2001, 05:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Ectasy - too old?

Doug,

We just returned from the Ecstacy. Ages 13 to 78 and we each had a great time. Personally I perfer the longer cruises but time would not permit. This 3 day cruise is a bit of a sprint and we were exhausted when we returned home. The midnight buffet friday night and two midnight shows on saturday and sunday night. Plus we are early risers.

John
Old June 5th, 2001, 01:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman

I have sailed upon the Ecstacy twice before from Miami and will be sailing aboard her again next Monday 11th June for a 4 day trip to Mexico. Although she is 11 years old, she still has the "Carnival atmosphere" and "Fun Ship Experience"! I have cruised more than 18 times over the last 5 years aboard Carnival Ships as well as have cruised RCCL (4) and Princess (3).If you want a quick "fix", then sail aboard her or better still sail aboard the Elation for 7 days from Los Angeles.
Happy Cruising!
Storm'n Norman
Cruise-a-holic
Australia
Old June 5th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Doug,
The Ecstasy may have been built awhile ago, the design is still valid and the Paradise is in the same class. Now I will say that the Ecstasy is more glitzy than most with the Fantasy probably being the most on glitz and glitter. It is still a nice ship and has undergone refitting a couple times and is in very good repair. I think you will find the entertainment and food just as good on this ship as other 3 and 4 day cruises.
Jim
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Glynis

Hi Doug!
Go for the reasons you mentioned: Price, quick getaway, and fun attitude.
I was on the Explorer in March with my family, and the Ecstasy in April
with my girlfriend. It was non stop fun. It is an older, darker ship, and while things were not always perfect, the price was. Service, food and entertainment were
better than expected. There were midnight buffets every night. A carnival crew
always seems to be a happy crew. We had better service than on the Explorer,
and that was not a happy crew! (The ship is beyond beautiful though)
Old June 14th, 2001, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Doug:
You haven't been on Carnival in 11 years. Their cruise product has gotten much better since your last voyage with them. I am 40 years old and I have been on 9 cruises. 1 on Celebrity, 1 on Princess, 7 on Carnival. Carnival gives you a lot more Bang For Your Buck! The entertainment on board is superior. The food has improved greatly and is very good. I usually sail 7 day iteneraries and prefer the Eastern and Western Caribbean over Mexico. Also I guess I prefer the larger newer ships, but I have been on the M.S. Holiday (3 day Baha Mexico) and the M.S. Fantasy. Both cruises were very FUN! Relax, you will have a good vacation!
Bon Voyage! Libby