Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dolphin swims in cozmel

i am going on the jubille in october and i want to go on a dolphin swim but not just an encounter but an actuall swim where you get into the water with them, is there a place close by and how much are they?
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Dolphin swims in cozmel

Hi Danielle,
You may want to check out this site for the dolphin swim, should like a ton of fun:

<http://www.xcaretcancun.com/>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 6th, 2001, 05:14 PM
DarleneH

Danielle,
I did the SWIM with the dolphins when I was in Cozumel in '99. It was the most fabulous thing I have ever done in my life!!! At that time it cost $120. It was worth every penny! I booked the swim months in advance because they only allow 6 people in a group to do thie swim. They only do so many groups per day. I found them on thier web site www.dolphindiscovery.com Then I called them to make sure I got the swim time that worked with the times that our ship would be in port. When you get off the ship in Cozumel you will have to take a taxi to Chanknaab National Park. They have nice beaches there and I am told that the snorkeling is good(I didn't snorkel there). Dolphin Discovery is in the park. I would do the dolphin swim again if ever given the chance. It is truely an oppotunity of a lifetime! Don't hesitate with your reservations.....they book up fast. Have fun!
Old June 7th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Passenger

Hi all. My daughter & friends did the Victory cruise to Bahamas in April. They had booked the dolphin encounter onboard (that's all that was offered). While they were waiting their turn for the encounter (which only consisted of standing on a platform in the water with the dolphins), they were approached by the representative of the Dolphin Swim and asked if they wanted to upgrade. Apparently they only had to pay the difference (which was about $35 each) and actually got to do the swim. They absolutely loved it and even ended up buying the pictures that were taken by that group. Overall, they reported that was the single most memorable experience of the entire cruise !! So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you get the chance to SWIM with the dolphins, DO IT :-)

Good luck. I hope you have a great time in Cozumel.
Old June 9th, 2001, 08:57 PM
LindaS

Hi,
We're doing the dolphin swim in Cozmel at Dolphin Discovery. We booked this back in February for July 1st. If you want some information about it e-mail me after July 8th when we return. I know they only let 6 people in the water at a time with them and that they only have 4 time slots during the course of the day to do this so if you are seriously interested I would get to the dolphin discovery sight from the reply posted above and make your reservation as soon as possible.
Good luck.
Linda